Security Installer Community

Optima Plus 2 Rkp

Forkhandles

Hi :)

I have an Optima Plus 2 which was installed many years ago, there has been 3 owners in the house since then and it's still working fine! Anyway the long term plan is to put a Texecom Premier in but until then I'd like to replace an RKP.

Are there any current RKP's (Optima or not, preferably nice looking and possibly LCD) that are compatible with the Optima Plus 2?

I already have all the manuals and codes and I fully serviced it just after I moved in.

Many thanks,

ForkHandles

Hi there,

There are not currently any RKPs available for the 2 Plus (LCD or otherwise). Your best bet is ebay. They do come up every so often but there are no guarantees you will get one. Whats the problem with the current RKP? Are the buttons sticking, or do you have to press them hard to get them to register? You can usually revive a keypad like that for a short while by cleaning out the membrane inside.

Trade Member

Hi there,

There are not currently any RKPs available for the 2 Plus (LCD or otherwise). Your best bet is ebay. They do come up every so often but there are no guarantees you will get one. Whats the problem with the current RKP? Are the buttons sticking, or do you have to press them hard to get them to register? You can usually revive a keypad like that for a short while by cleaning out the membrane inside.

Hi Antinode,

Thanks for the reply, to be honest it's purely for cosmetic reasons ;) . I'm decorating the hallway at the moment and the old RKP looks a bit scruffy, it still works although it is a little sticky, I

The Premier keypads will work on 4 cores. Don't cut back the 2 spare wires when you upgrade the system though, as they could be useful in future.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you, will do, no such thing as too many wires!! I'll keep them just in case.

cheers

ForkHandles

Archived