Security Installer Community

Need Advise On Cctv

RedStafford

Hi all I have just found this site and was wondering if you could give me some advise on setting up my own CCTV, I have lived at my current address for about 1.5 years and in this time my car as been broken into 3 times, a gully runs down the side of my house which leads to the back of the house and there is another 3 or 4 mazes of gullies around the back so you can imagine how good a place like this would be for thieves.

What I want to do is put a camera at the end of the garden facing the car permanently and maybe another one on the side of the house pointing down the gully, but I have never had any experience in CCTV before so I would be grateful if you guys could give me your advise.

Hi all I have just found this site and was wondering if you could give me some advise on setting up my own CCTV, I have lived at my current address for about 1.5 years and in this time my car as been broken into 3 times, a gully runs down the side of my house which leads to the back of the house and there is another 3 or 4 mazes of gullies around the back so you can imagine how good a place like this would be for thieves.

What I want to do is put a camera at the end of the garden facing the car permanently and maybe another one on the side of the house pointing down the gully, but I have never had any experience in CCTV before so I would be grateful if you guys could give me your advise.

What would you like to do with the images when you catch the thieving little :xxx: ?

Will you want to use them as evidence in court OR send some one round to 'Educate' them?

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Red,

You should rely on services of one of local security installer.

I consider from you info that such small system will require

- to make sure that cameras will be safe and thieves will not harm them. If possible build system in which one camera looks after another.

If you already have decent PC:

Intel processor (Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz (HT) or higher/Pentium D 2.8 Ghz or higher)

Mainbord based on Intel chipset (models from i845 and higher)

Min 512MB of RAM

85MB of free hard disk space for software

Free hard disk space for storing video archives (min. 40GB)

Microsoft WindowsXP Professional SP2 OS

and you want to dedicate it to record video from cameras such system will not be expensive to build.

Professional PC based Digital Video Recording System with watermark which can be used as evidence in court of law - about 150 euro

two cameras costs

cabling

Archived