Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv

eoghanfla

Firstly, I am all for the move away from conventional (PAL/NTSC) CCTV. It is about time we free ourselves from the restrictions of TV standards that were developed before I was born and that is a long time in both technology and dog years but I would be interested to hear your thoughts about what is an acceptable trade off between reduced frame rate versus the advantages of increased resolution?

To make this clear, mega pixels come at the cost of frame rate. In the last few years the world of digital recording has been pushing on us the value of higher frame rate recording so you can record every camera at full frame rate rather than multiplexed, where as we are also looking at a world where the camera may only take one picture a second, albeit at a very high resolution.

So where would you put the balance between increased resolution and acceptable frame rate.

This is I believe why conventional CCD's have not kept pace with digital still cameras. I have often wondered why the top of the range 1/2" camera only has 440K pixels whereas a

HI All

I Install a lot of Mobotix cameras aloong with a few Axis.

I started moving over from Analogue about 18 months ago. In the last 6 months I have only done one analogue.

The main selling point for me is the logic facilities, apart from not needing red walls etc due to pixel analisis, the cameras can be programed with senarios such as if/and/or ie if a high lighted area in the field of view ( such as an entrance) is triggered to a definable level then the camera will 'look' for the exit area to be triggered in a given time span. if this condition is not met, then the camera will raise an alarm such as voice anouncements, ftp, email, etc

I use a company in lancashire for monitoring called Goldeneye uk Ltd ( do a google), they are an accredited fully IP ARC, I have visited thier ARC and it is mind blowing to see how the implementaion of IP technology to the ARC monitoring world. I watched as a monitor displayed ping times of 163ms to a camera in Florida ( some thing they do constantly to ensure comms with all the cameras they monitor.

Any way, any questions on Mobotics, pls ask , or monitoring.

hope this helps...

M

PS

no I am not goldeneye, :)

My business is sme asset protection ltd

HI All

I Install a lot of Mobotix cameras aloong with a few Axis.

I started moving over from Analogue about 18 months ago. In the last 6 months I have only done one analogue.

The main selling point for me is the logic facilities, apart from not needing red walls etc due to pixel analisis, the cameras can be programed with senarios such as if/and/or ie if a high lighted area in the field of view ( such as an entrance) is triggered to a definable level then the camera will 'look' for the exit area to be triggered in a given time span. if this condition is not met, then the camera will raise an alarm such as voice anouncements, ftp, email, etc

I use a company in lancashire for monitoring called Goldeneye uk Ltd ( do a google), they are an accredited fully IP ARC, I have visited thier ARC and it is mind blowing to see how the implementaion of IP technology to the ARC monitoring world. I watched as a monitor displayed ping times of 163ms to a camera in Florida ( some thing they do constantly to ensure comms with all the cameras they monitor.

Any way, any questions on Mobotics, pls ask , or monitoring.

hope this helps...

M

PS

no I am not goldeneye, :)

My business is sme asset protection ltd

What software do you use to combine Axis and Mobotix cameras in the same installation?

• 2 weeks later...
What software do you use to combine Axis and Mobotix cameras in the same installation?

HI there , sorry for the delay in my reply...

The software which comes with the mobotix cameras ( MX Viewer ) wil work with Axis cameras, it can also accept analogue with the correct interface.

Once you play with the Mobotix software for about half hour you will zippy around it, you can also lock down admin facilities so as to protect all your hard work setting up the GUI etc

Hope this helps.

Mat

Archived