Security Installer Community

Aritech Cs250

vancer

Hello. I installed a CS 250 some time ago. The system has many false alarms and I'm under pressure to resolve it soon! When I check the resistance of each circuit I notice that it's not stable - it fluctuates above the expected 4700. It displays values between 4000 and 5500 (from memory). I've checked the earth and also ran the system on battery to eliminate any mains interference, but it's still the same.

I've also disconnected the circuits from the panel and tested them using my meter. They are stable when I do this.

Can somebody advise me if this is this normal behaviour for this panel?

If it is, what else could be triggering random false alarms?

Thanks, Roy

hi antinode,

your work looks great a great example (and just as it should :yes: ), at the risk of being called 'piccy' i'd only point out a pet hate of mine which is to do with the way you connect the 'aux' power connections.

if you were to take the thicker cables into the same side of the terminal block as the red/blacks, you can then twist everything together and use the termnation pressure to keep a good connecton and so reducing the risk of intermittent power connections considerably. i'd also use those terminal blocks with the protection plates in (i know them as french connectors) to stop the strands being cut by the terminal screws.

i'll probably be flamed now by all and sundry but i do intend as good advice, many service engineers will 'miss' a false alarm caused by such intermittent connections, especially in those early hours calls and change what was a perfectly good detector.

regs

alan

Worth a try!

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Guest anguscanplay
Hello. I installed a CS 250 some time ago. The system has many false alarms and I'm under pressure to resolve it soon! When I check the resistance of each circuit I notice that it's not stable - it fluctuates above the expected 4700. It displays values between 4000 and 5500 (from memory). I've checked the earth and also ran the system on battery to eliminate any mains interference, but it's still the same.

I've also disconnected the circuits from the panel and tested them using my meter. They are stable when I do this.

Can somebody advise me if this is this normal behaviour for this panel?

If it is, what else could be triggering random false alarms?

Thanks, Roy

you`ll always get fluctuation when measuring resistance connected ( and its usual for the value not to be true either ) indeed my latest test meter wont read at all if its live

spiders, drafts, bad battery , dodgy connection ?

Angus

It sounds like you have a faulty sensor. I'm guessing that you have shock sensors and contacts on the windows. On the loop that is giving problems connect your meter at the panel, tap each sensor and open each contact, making note of the resistance each time. Alternatively go to each sensor and measure it there. Put your meter across the shock/contact and tap/open it. You should always get a constant reading here, <1 ohm. Any more and it'll give problems

Archived