Security Installer Community

Bewator Bt41 Cable Specification

Mick

I am having trouble finding out which cable needs putting in to run a Bewator BT41 over a 180m distance between the handset and outdoor station. Neither Bewator nor my supplier seem sure, and sice the cable is to be burried it needs to be right.

I had the same problem last time, but over a much shorter distance and ended up using a cat 5 cable which did the job. However, I am worried about volt drop with this didtance. All Bewator can cime up with is 'twisted pair telephone cable' ot 'belden 9536', but over 100m they are not sure. Belded is 0.2 cross sectional area.

Any ideas please?

cheers, looks like I will try the 2x cat 5 option, but I will try and find out about BC technology as well.

To be honest I feel a bit frustrated with Bewator about this, the other intercom I am considering is Urmet, and they came straight back to me with a cable specification.

Try talking to BC Technology's they do a .75mm 6 core solid that is duct graded for their video door entry could be just the ticket.

I have just spoken to them. Apparantly it is known as PE cable and is only now available in 0.9mm, which would have ben good, but is not available from BC Tech in twisted pair format.

Archived