Security Installer Community

No Power Light On Accenta Alarm Keypad

m4rky

Hi,

I have an Accenta 8 Mini which will no longer set.

I had to pull the power recently to fix a lighting issue upstairs (have cut the power before with no issues) and the alarm has been fine.

No Power or Day Light On Accenta Alarm Keypad, the keypad is lit up.

The Main Panel has the Power lit.

If I cut the power completely the Power light on the main Panel goes out but no alram is sounded.

Looking at other posts people have fixed this problem by replacing the battery.

My dad is an electrical engineer and is willing to help me sort this out but the engineers manual does not say how to replace the battery.

So how do you replace it and where can you get a new battery from.

cheers...

Mark

Hi,

I have an Accenta 8 Mini which will no longer set.

I had to pull the power recently to fix a lighting issue upstairs (have cut the power before with no issues) and the alarm has been fine.

No Power or Day Light On Accenta Alarm Keypad, the keypad is lit up.

The Main Panel has the Power lit.

If I cut the power completely the Power light on the main Panel goes out but no alram is sounded.

Looking at other posts people have fixed this problem by replacing the battery.

My dad is an electrical engineer and is willing to help me sort this out but the engineers manual does not say how to replace the battery.

So how do you replace it and where can you get a new battery from.

cheers...

Mark

If you rummage around on this site you will find many comments to the effect that battery failure on that range of panels can also damage the circuit board, so a new battery may not be the complete answer.

If you've got a duff battery the system may not have been serviced for some time so there could be other problems; getting a local alarm engineer in to service it (he'll have batteries) may be a wise move.

The likes of Maplins sell alarm batteries, a quick google will reveal plenty of other suppliers. Check what's in there already to make sure you get the right capacity and one that will physically fit.

Replacing the battery is pretty simple, but does involve removing the control panel cover - live mains inside :!:

The battery has two colour-coded spade-type connectors - just pull the leads off the old one and plug the new one in. Turn off the mains supply first.

However, that may just be the start. If you've got the installation/engineering manual it tells you how to check/revise the programming etc.

Thanks for the reply.

The Alarm is 7 years old and we havn't serviced it since we bought the place 2 years ago (didn't realise they needed servicing).

So might get someone in to give it the once over.

How much does a service cost?

Might be cheaper to get an new system put in?

Is the Accenta Mini 8 any good?

Sorry lots of questions (newbie :-)

Thanks for the reply.

The Alarm is 7 years old and we havn't serviced it since we bought the place 2 years ago (didn't realise they needed servicing).

So might get someone in to give it the once over.

How much does a service cost?

Might be cheaper to get an new system put in?

Is the Accenta Mini 8 any good?

Sorry lots of questions (newbie :-)

Maybe it's a good time to think about why you have an alarm and what you want it for. The model you have inherited is generally regarded as a DIY type by most of the professionals who call in here, so if it is made to work you're depending on neighbours to do something if it goes off. It certainly would not be acceptable for a monitored system with Police response.

If you are interested in what servicing entails have a look here: http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Cont...maintenance.asp

No doubt one of the pro's will add some guidance soon...... :)

To be honest we don't really use the alarm much, only when on Holiday or if we are away over night.

Never had an alarm before buying the current house, but kinda missing it now it doesn't work.

So I guess we wouldn't need a particularly fancy system.

Think I'll get the Yellow Pages out and have a look for and engineer in the South Manchester area.

cheers

Archived