Security Installer Community

How Do I Replace The Battery

pcw1

I moved in to a house with a Scantronic 9800 alarm which has now decided to go off (internal alarm) despite not being set. I guess the battery requires replacing. To get some sleep I've disconnected the actual alarm. can some one confirm the battery is located in the control pannel and if so how do I remove the front cover without damaging it. There doesn't seen to be any exteral screws.

Thanks in antisipation of a prompt response.

Phil

Guest anguscanplay
I moved in to a house with a Scantronic 9800 alarm which has now decided to go off (internal alarm) despite not being set. I guess the battery requires replacing. To get some sleep I've disconnected the actual alarm. can some one confirm the battery is located in the control pannel and if so how do I remove the front cover without damaging it. There doesn't seen to be any exteral screws.

Thanks in antisipation of a prompt response.

Phil

the dreaded 9800 battery fault - was it every 20seconds ?

the battery is in the main control unit but if you cant even work out how to open it I would strongly recomend you get a firm in to service the system ( your only guessing its the battery ?)

Angus

the battery is in the main control unit but if you cant even work out how to open it I would strongly recomend you get a firm in to service the system ( your only guessing its the battery ?)

Angus

[/q

Angus

When you say main control panel, do you mean the key pad panel?

Guest anguscanplay
When you say main control panel, do you mean the key pad panel?

refer you back to my first post but add " if you dont now the difference between your kP and your end station ....." sorry

Angus

Guest anguscanplay
tick toc tick toc i think it needs winding up Angus

regs

alan

the panel ? ( where do i put the key in my 9800 ? ) lol

Archived