Security Installer Community

Need Help Wiring Speech Dialler

b21playa

Hi all

Successfully firtting my alarm panel and today I came to fit the dialler. I have a veritas R8 panel and purchased a Texecom dialler.

Looking through the manual, I see that the R8 has a negative trigger for input 3 on the dialler. So I ran a 6-core cable from panel to dialler.

Panel_______ Dialler

aux+________12v

Aux -_______0V

B__________ Trigger 3

Tamp_______ Tamp

I have used the dialler test operation and it tries to call person. However when the alarm goes off, nothing happens and the dialler displays "Ready".

Am I missing something, it seems the dialler is not being triggered

Many Thanks

Hi all

Successfully firtting my alarm panel and today I came to fit the dialler. I have a veritas R8 panel and purchased a Texecom dialler.

Looking through the manual, I see that the R8 has a negative trigger for input 3 on the dialler. So I ran a 6-core cable from panel to dialler.

Panel_______ Dialler

aux+________12v

Aux -_______0V

B__________ Trigger 3

Tamp_______ Tamp

I have used the dialler test operation and it tries to call person. However when the alarm goes off, nothing happens and the dialler displays "Ready".

Am I missing something, it seems the dialler is not being triggered

Many Thanks

hi b21playa

are you fully activating you alarm system?, the external siren only sounds on a full alarm, so if your simply tripping a tamper while unset, or setting off your system via the entry timer then the siren output will not change state until the second timer times out.

there is an option in the dialer programming to cancel calls on a restored input, so if you accidentally trip your system then turn it off you key-holders are not then disturbed - have you turned this option on?

if so sounding the sirens then canceling will cancel the dialer signal, so try using the external 'bell test' option (needs a master code) or press a panic button if you have one to eliminate this 'error' possibility and allow enough time for the call to complete.

you may have to fit a pull up bias resistor to give a clean switched signal, your equipment supplier's tech help should advise you how and what value is needed.

and just before i'm jumped on, this panel has i believe a dedicated output to be used for remote signaling transmitters going to ARC's, but there are operational ramifications such as 'confirmed signals' to confuse the issue for speech dialers, so in your installation the bell output is favorite's for simplicity imo.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi b21playa

are you fully activating you alarm system?, the external siren only sounds on a full alarm, so if your simply tripping a tamper while unset, or setting off your system via the entry timer then the siren output will not change state until the second timer times out.

there is an option in the dialer programming to cancel calls on a restored input, so if you accidentally trip your system then turn it off you key-holders are not then disturbed - have you turned this option on?

if so sounding the sirens then canceling will cancel the dialer signal, so try using the external 'bell test' option (needs a master code) or press a panic button if you have one to eliminate this 'error' possibility and allow enough time for the call to complete.

you may have to fit a pull up bias resistor to give a clean switched signal, your equipment supplier's tech help should advise you how and what value is needed.

and just before i'm jumped on, this panel has i believe a dedicated output to be used for remote signaling transmitters going to ARC's, but there are operational ramifications such as 'confirmed signals' to confuse the issue for speech dialers, so in your installation the bell output is favorite's for simplicity imo.

regs

alan

hi Alan

Im using the panic function of the panel and holding down 3&9 simultaneously.

Should it be set to negative applied or positive applied?

hi Alan

Im using the panic function of the panel and holding down 3&9 simultaneously.

Should it be set to negative applied or positive applied?

your panel's siren output will got fully negative when in full alarm or bell test, check with a meter you have 10 - 12+ when not activating, some panels do have a low + voltage which when it changes state is not a 'clean' enough transition so you need to fit a 'pull-up' biasing resistor from BELL+ (standing 12 volts) to BELL- 1.8k ohms @ 1/2 watt should do it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived