Security Installer Community

Sensormatic Speeddome 2000

Camera123

Phone the support line of the company you purchased the camera from, they should be able to help you and/or supply relevant info sheets...

Ok and thanks, but after google ing through a few hundred sites I found it too

Now can it be controlled with a joystick and computer via a simple interface, I've seen posts where someone attempted this, but i don't know if it worked

Now can it be controlled with a joystick and computer via a simple interface, I've seen posts where someone attempted this, but i don't know if it worked

Speed domes run on sensornet protocol thats is a closed protocol. you will need a touch traker or American dynamics keyboard to run the dome

hi

if you use pelco-d protocols. i believe you can use other controllers. PC controling is not too bad, but speed dome usually is a multi-funcions. PC will only activate a few functions like pan/tilt/zoom, but you need joystick to set up the tour and presets.

to power on the speed dome, you need to get a AC24V power transformer. -- there may be two kinds of the power in of the dome -- one is plug and use. the other is a connectors that requires you to cut down the jack then make two naked wires to connect to the power leads of the dome.

thanks

Please read the forum rules on advertising before reposting you signature. also your image is far to big.

hi

if you use pelco-d protocols. i believe you can use other controllers. PC controling is not too bad, but speed dome usually is a multi-funcions. PC will only activate a few functions like pan/tilt/zoom, but you need joystick to set up the tour and presets.

to power on the speed dome, you need to get a AC24V power transformer. -- there may be two kinds of the power in of the dome -- one is plug and use. the other is a connectors that requires you to cut down the jack then make two naked wires to connect to the power leads of the dome.

thanks

Thanks for your kind help,

since the first post I have found a manual online, at this time I have three domes they all power up and have a good picture. on power up they go through some sort of 'self test' they pan L/R , tilt, and zoom them settle to a position, but they seem to settle down in different positions. I have not tried the 911 - 912 address 'resetting'.

I have an older (p 500) pc that could be used as the 'control' and have a joy stick from some years ago, if I get a converter RS232 to RS485 or RS422 (?), what else would I need to control pan, tilt and zoom.

Could you explain the multi-functions ?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I too have some SpeedDome 2000's that I would like to get working - could anyone point me to the web page in question? I'd like to know where the 24v and control pair go in. Thanks in advance for your time.

H.

post-14504-1190144020_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I too have some SpeedDome 2000's that I would like to get working - could anyone point me to the web page in question? I'd like to know where the 24v and control pair go in. Thanks in advance for your time.

H.

http://www.americandynamics.net/WebApps/ge...0518-01_C_E.pdf

Page 21

http://www.americandynamics.net/WebApps/ge...1686-01_A_E.pdf

I need help with the control, what on the software side do I need, on the hardware, do I use a rs485 or a rs422 , and I assume a twisted pair for the control line.

• 3 months later...

Hi Ya'll,

New to the forum, I've got 5 of these speedome 2000 monsters, I'm attempting to integrate them into our IP based camera network, using an IP Video server. The server has the ability to output data to control the camera functions in a variety of protocols, including Pelco-D, in both RS232 and RS485 format. I have the serial port of the IP server connected via TX+, TX-, RX+ & RX- but I can't seem to get the camera to respond. I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time or is it actually possible to control these things with this type of setup? Also, the IP Server has the option of building a custom control command set. I really only need to control Pan, Tilt, Zoom, and Focus, but telemetry control would be nice as well. Any help out there? Anyone been able to do this? We're a non-profit, and these cameras were donated, it would be a great service if someone could help me figure out this system.

Regards,

Mac

Archived