Security Installer Community

Accenta Alarm Panel

hazon

Hi all

One of my neighbours has got a similar problem to DavidC who has posted a query in Feb. I noticed his external light has been flashing for months now and eventually bumped into him to quizz him - my concern was if I knew his alarm wasn't working as it hasn't beeen reset, so would possible burglars - he agreed but don't think he is prepared to fork out for anyone to look at professionally.

Not sure of exact Accenta alarm model but the numbers on the keypad seem to be slightly illuminated but the power light (bottom left of keypad) is out and nothing happens pressing any of the keys. I said I would look on web and see if I could follow anyone's advice on how to fix, ie change battery in the main brain box or perhaps the keypad has a battery? - think it will be the main box's battery - but just need some step by step instructions as didn't quite follow ones suggested for David C!

Thanks loads

- but just need some step by step instructions as didn't quite follow ones suggested for David C!

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple; any effective instructions would likely include information of use to a burglar.

But first - does your neighbour have the installation/engineering manual for his alarm? If not he absolutely will need a professional engineer to sort it out.

As you will no doubt have read the "site rules" by now you'll understand the reasons why those manuals are not available here, except to bona-fide, accredited and verified trade members.

Archived