Security Installer Community

Help On The Compact Sl Alarm Unit And Keypads

Clueless

Hi - Can anyone advise me? I have a CompactSL alarm in my home which I fitted myself with a single keypad. It has been so stable and well worth the money and I recetly decided that I wish to fit a second keypad next to my side door and thus went to our local alarm shop to buy a second keypad "CompactSL" keypad.

The guy in the shop said that the Compact Keypads were no longer available and that an absolutely identical looking, but now labelled "Accenta" keypad in the shop would not fit my Compact SL board/unit - is this correct or is he trying to sell me a new main unit / alarm as well?

He said both the new compact and the accenta alarms were an entirely new board with an entirely new keypad and thus are ompletely incompatible with any keypad or unit if mine and thus vise versa and if I now wished to fit a second keypad to my now deemed old (only 4 yrs) compact SL, I must either find someone with an old Compact Keypad to sell me or I must rip out my old unit which works great and has never miss-tripped on us - Typical.

Anyone out there know if I am being fed a load of old tripe bythis chap or is he is in fact correct - I hope he's not, as the unit was fitted in a cupboard by me and as my first ever installation - I made a good job of it - AARGHH!!

If hes right does anyone know or indeed have a spare keypad compatible with an "old" compactSL (this is what it says moulded on the front of my alarms box) :!:

regards,

Norman.

Hi - Can anyone advise me? I have a CompactSL alarm in my home which I fitted myself with a single keypad. It has been so stable and well worth the money and I recetly decided that I wish to fit a second keypad next to my side door and thus went to our local alarm shop to buy a second keypad "CompactSL" keypad.

The guy in the shop said that the Compact Keypads were no longer available and that an absolutely identical looking, but now labelled "Accenta" keypad in the shop would not fit my Compact SL board/unit - is this correct or is he trying to sell me a new main unit / alarm as well?

He said both the new compact and the accenta alarms were an entirely new board with an entirely new keypad and thus are ompletely incompatible with any keypad or unit if mine and thus vise versa and if I now wished to fit a second keypad to my now deemed old (only 4 yrs) compact SL, I must either find someone with an old Compact Keypad to sell me or I must rip out my old unit which works great and has never miss-tripped on us - Typical.

Anyone out there know if I am being fed a load of old tripe bythis chap or is he is in fact correct - I hope he's not, as the unit was fitted in a cupboard by me and as my first ever installation - I made a good job of it - AARGHH!!

If hes right does anyone know or indeed have a spare keypad compatible with an "old" compactSL (this is what it says moulded on the front of my alarms box) :!:

regards,

Norman.

it will work IMO.

the accenta has been out a long time, the SL compact was just a re-branded version made by the same people.

all new LED keypads work with the old systems as far as i know.

Archived