Security Installer Community

Looking to attach 4 cameras to a computer ..

Guest hihi

I need something that I can attach 4 cameras to a computer and the nescessary software to split the screen into 4 and record at will onto hard drive. also it should have built in motion detector.

I recently fitted a Y3K card to a computer, and it works brilliantly.

Others on this forum have also used Y3K without as much success.

Do a search on Y3K on this site, and you will the interesting thread / discussion about other options too.

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

just did a search, for Y3K. nothing came up.

I want the hardware to attach 4 cables to a computer and the software to split the screen into 4 seperate channels, 1 for each camera and have the ability to recor at will preferrably motion sensor compatible. There is on eon ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT

that does about exactly what I want, but its 500$... I would htink there could be a simple hardware/software cobination for much cheaper that will do almost the same

Y3K

Try this link to the site!

I couldn't find the thread on the forum either!! It's there somewhere - but it's finding it!

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest Peter James

I would swerve y3k if I were you they ripped me off good and proper.

If you want a cheap solution

I can sell you a card and software for £40.00+ p&p +vat four cameras input turns your machine into a 4 way dvr, fit four cards and you can have a sixteen way dvr.

Theyre not as good as a real dvr, the sware is not all that but they do have motion detect and split screen and the remote sware is very good for the price.

They are available on ebay for around the same price but you wont have to pay import or additional currency convertion charges with me.

Pete

Archived