Security Installer Community

Tecsec

Sparkler

Help needed guys...

Called to a site last week in South East UK struck by lightning.. taken out rack of Tecsec twisted pair Video Line Equalisers.

Now find cannot order VCE1 cards as it appears Tecsec no longer trading. Anyone have a source for Tecsec kit out there or alternatively as I have telemetry up the twisted pair, need 5 bi-directional free standing Line Equalisers compatible with Tecsec Launch Amps, a tall order. The telemetry comes from a Digital DM Sprite.

Hi Sparkler and welcome!

I just had a quick look at Tecsecs website and that appears to be working; any idea when they stopped trading :(

No doubt some of the other guys will post if they have any details on Tecsec gear, but if you are stuck for unbalanced transmission gear, you could try contacting this company - http://www.doktorjon.com/manufacturers/A/addlestone1.html

They've only been going for 40 years, so they should know a bit about transmission gear ;)

Hi Sparkler and welcome!

I just had a quick look at Tecsecs website and that appears to be working; any idea when they stopped trading :(

No doubt some of the other guys will post if they have any details on Tecsec gear, but if you are stuck for unbalanced transmission gear, you could try contacting this company - http://www.doktorjon.com/manufacturers/A/addlestone1.html

They've only been going for 40 years, so they should know a bit about transmission gear ;)

Tecsec went down a couple of months ago.

Shame as not only one of two manufacturers of professional (CCTV) twisted pair transmission kit, but also of the only piece of test kit able to properly set the twisted pair transmission up with.

Second the reccomendation for Addlestone from the Doc, they are the last in the field in the UK.

Ilkie

Tecsec went down a couple of months ago.

Shame as not only one of two manufacturers of professional (CCTV) twisted pair transmission kit, but also of the only piece of test kit able to properly set the twisted pair transmission up with.

Second the reccomendation for Addlestone from the Doc, they are the last in the field in the UK.

Ilkie

Had the same idea about Addlestone and ordered up stand alone line equaliser, fantastic pictures up the twisted pair and back to coax from the tecsec launch amps. Thought I had cracked it until it came to telemetry, apparently, speaking to Addlestone Technical they don't do bi-directional amps/equalisers, video only.... now trawling the net, will rip out and start afresh, someone recommended Coe?

Sparkler

Had the same idea about Addlestone and ordered up stand alone line equaliser, fantastic pictures up the twisted pair and back to coax from the tecsec launch amps. Thought I had cracked it until it came to telemetry, apparently, speaking to Addlestone Technical they don't do bi-directional amps/equalisers, video only.... now trawling the net, will rip out and start afresh, someone recommended Coe?

Sparkler

Do not think you'll have any luck with COE, excellent fibre kit but I am not aware they deal in copper.

If you get a solution please let me know as alot of us are in the same (telemetry) boat!

Ilkie

Do not think you'll have any luck with COE, excellent fibre kit but I am not aware they deal in copper.

If you get a solution please let me know as alot of us are in the same (telemetry) boat!

Ilkie

You were right about Coe, in fact I can't find anyone at all on the net who does telemetry and video down the same twisted pair. I am hoping to find extra twisted pair cables running to camera locations and drive telemetry and video on separate cables, fingers crossed.

I don't know if this list might help Sparkler ( yeah, I know it needs updating :whistle: )

http://www.doktorjon.com/manufacturer%20li...l-manufact.html

Have you tried BBV or Videotec?

If I get a chance later in the week, I'll see if there are any other manufacturers waiting to go on the list, that might be able to help out.

I don't know if this list might help Sparkler ( yeah, I know it needs updating :whistle: )

http://www.doktorjon.com/manufacturer%20li...l-manufact.html

Have you tried BBV or Videotec?

If I get a chance later in the week, I'll see if there are any other manufacturers waiting to go on the list, that might be able to help out.

Have spoken to BBV with no luck, but have now bitten the bullet and wired for seperate telemetry down another set of twisted pairs.... thanks for all the assistance guys.

Sparkler

Archived