Security Installer Community

Alarm Going Off- No Apparent Reason

jumbles

our alarm has gone off the past 2 nights, and it appears each time to be one area which has a PIR unit and a contact unit on a bathroom window, it dosent go off during the day but 2 times sun night and once last night- we ended up leaving alarm off, we have checked for spiders webs, cleaned them off, ( and time goes off is different and could be 5 hours after setting ) so think possibly spider in unit?

thanks for any help

Guest anguscanplay
our alarm has gone off the past 2 nights, and it appears each time to be one area which has a PIR unit and a contact unit on a bathroom window, it dosent go off during the day but 2 times sun night and once last night- we ended up leaving alarm off, we have checked for spiders webs, cleaned them off, ( and time goes off is different and could be 5 hours after setting ) so think possibly spider in unit?

thanks for any help

ohh 4.41 is a bad time to be woken by your alarm - you have my sympathy lol

could well be spiders ( a quick spray with a can of fly killer may help ) and it could be a bad battery if it goes round the 2.30 - 3.00 am mark

if you dont already have the system on a maintainance scheme that would be my advice at this time

Angus

• 5 weeks later...
ohh 4.41 is a bad time to be woken by your alarm - you have my sympathy lol

could well be spiders ( a quick spray with a can of fly killer may help ) and it could be a bad battery if it goes round the 2.30 - 3.00 am mark

if you dont already have the system on a maintainance scheme that would be my advice at this time

Angus

I'm confused. Why would a bad battery cause the alarm to go off round the 2.30 - 3.00 am mark?

Guest anguscanplay
I'm confused. Why would a bad battery cause the alarm to go off round the 2.30 - 3.00 am mark?

lol at alter ego " dont ask "

its just one of those quirky things that affects us alarm guys , usually its about the time the economy seven switches between rates and seems to bump the dodgy batteries

Archived