Security Installer Community

!help! Optima Xm6 Problems!

Hi,

I had a power cut last week and since then my alarm hasn't been working. I have a property surveyor coming to my house tomorrow (and they are going to test the alarm I assume).

However, when the electric went off last week and the alarm went off. After a bit of googling I found that the battery may be dead so bought (and connected) a new one from Maplins.

Now though, I always get an attack light lit and keypad disabled when I turn the power on. I have attempted resetting the NVM but had no joy.

Does anyone have a hint or tip that may help me? (other than getting an engineer in as timescales are pretty tight!)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

Hi,

I had a power cut last week and since then my alarm hasn't been working. I have a property surveyor coming to my house tomorrow (and they are going to test the alarm I assume).

However, when the electric went off last week and the alarm went off. After a bit of googling I found that the battery may be dead so bought (and connected) a new one from Maplins.

Now though, I always get an attack light lit and keypad disabled when I turn the power on. I have attempted resetting the NVM but had no joy.

Does anyone have a hint or tip that may help me? (other than getting an engineer in as timescales are pretty tight!)

Thanks,

Andy

have you re-connected the panic button cable/link in the panel.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

Thanks,

Andy

Andy

power it all down mains and battery then power it back up with the mains first , refit the battery , close the lid and press reset if it has one.If that doesnt cure it make arrangments for an engineer and show them to the surveyor - dont worry ive sold houses with a lot more wrong than that before

Angus

Andy

power it all down mains and battery then power it back up with the mains first , refit the battery , close the lid and press reset if it has one.If that doesnt cure it make arrangments for an engineer and show them to the surveyor - dont worry ive sold houses with a lot more wrong than that before

Angus

Just tried that, but no joy. Will try any further suggestions tomorrow as I think the neighbours will be getting upset by the alarm now...

Thanks anyway,

Andy

Just a quick update,

Aaron asked me to check the Panic button and try reset again.

It turns out, the missus had pressed the panic button but not known what it was...

However as the alarm was buggered anyway panic button hadn't done anything anyway!

Tis now sorted anyhow. Thanks Aaron, top marks! 10 out of 10!

Many Thanks,

Andy

No any tips on plastering ceilings... lol! :whistle:

Archived