Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800

Mike123

hello everybody - hoping someone can help

I have what I beleive to be a scantronic 9800 system here (at least the input panel is)

the mains transformer has failed (shorted turns on the primary as it smokes :rolleyes: ) and I need to know what voltage and current output it was(it only has a single winding on the secondary)

and it's fitted with four long screws through the corners of it.

No label or marking on it though ?

Can any kind soul help with details ?

Guest anguscanplay
hello everybody - hoping someone can help

I have what I beleive to be a scantronic 9800 system here (at least the input panel is)

the mains transformer has failed (shorted turns on the primary as it smokes :rolleyes: ) and I need to know what voltage and current output it was(it only has a single winding on the secondary)

and it's fitted with four long screws through the corners of it.

No label or marking on it though ?

Can any kind soul help with details ?

have a look at the bottom of the PCB in between the heatsink and the battery terminal - is the bank of diodes still there / browned out ? if it looks "wrong " the chances are just changing your transformer won`t be enough and it may be quicker/ easier to replace the whole control gear

Angus ( see i`m been helpful huh )

have a look at the bottom of the PCB in between the heatsink and the battery terminal - is the bank of diodes still there / browned out ? if it looks "wrong " the chances are just changing your transformer won`t be enough and it may be quicker/ easier to replace the whole control gear

Angus ( see i`m been helpful huh )

ok what have you done with the real angus

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest Dave the alarm man

buy an endstation of fleabay & rob it out of that, or treat youself to some new controls......

Archived