Security Installer Community

Abacus 6p Activating

daren

hi guys,

need to test your lightening responses now as I need urgent help.

My alarm system which was installed previous to us buying the property activates for no reason, when in UNSET mode.

First time the ext sounder activated with code on LED display showing 6t or bt [ i was at work - this info came from the missus over the phone]

The alarm could not be silenced by entering the user code so the alarm sounded for 20 mins before resetting

since then it has activated twice

this morning at 4am it show a code of 6b.

could all of these problems be caused by the battery in the panel or bell box.

how do I temporarily disconnect the ext sounder without activating it again.

if i set it to engineer mode with that keep things quiet?

your help is urgently required before i get duffed up by the neighbours...lol

Sounds like a bell tamper problem (BT), which would cause the external sounder to ring uncontrollably until it timed itself out after 20 minutes or so (you are lucky that your bell box has a timer fitted!). It is a fault that requires the attendance of an engineer to repair. There is a good chance that the engineer code on this panel has been changed from the factory default too, so there is no way of putting the panel into engineer mode. Placing the panel into engineer mode will not stop the bell sounding of it's own accord anyway. For security reasons, we can't tell you how to disconnect a bell box in a public forum.

Hope this helps.

Trade Member

Sounds like a bell tamper problem (BT)

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Hmmm have to agree with you there, I did assume it may be battery failure at the bell box.

bloomin thing is way too high to get too with conventional ladders [very top of eaves]

This is what I did this morning.

Stripped out all of the PIR's and contacts and bell box

re-connected the CP, powered up fine, even reset.

one by one re-connected each zone and tried them individually.

Bell Box = problem

Door Contacts = OK

PIR's = problem

did a test on the board - there was no +12v to the PIR's.. changed the fuse but the PIR's will not arm at setting.

so now ive got it on test with no sounders with just the door contacts wired..see if anything happens there

at least now if it does fault there wont be ringing alarm boxes at 4am

Looks like a new CP AND bell box, [can relocate it on the front of the house anyway instead of the side.]

Can I have anyones opinion on this CP:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...31&id=23334

or suggestions [6 zone]

That looks like what used to be the ADE Accenta G3. You'll find loads of comments about them scattered around here.

I've got one by the way................ :rolleyes:

Most comments point out that it's more a DIY than professional unit (fair comment, I put mine in).

Some like them, some don't and there are some negative comments about power supply problems if batteries fail. In retrospect I would, with more knowledge, have bought a more "expandable" panel, but that's now that I really understand my specific requirements and more about what various panels can/can't do.

I don't have any specific complaints about it by the way. It does what it says it does. :ninja:

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for taking the time to reply

Hmmm have to agree with you there, I did assume it may be battery failure at the bell box.

bloomin thing is way too high to get too with conventional ladders [very top of eaves]

This is what I did this morning.

Stripped out all of the PIR's and contacts and bell box

re-connected the CP, powered up fine, even reset.

one by one re-connected each zone and tried them individually.

Bell Box = problem

Door Contacts = OK

PIR's = problem

did a test on the board - there was no +12v to the PIR's.. changed the fuse but the PIR's will not arm at setting.

so now ive got it on test with no sounders with just the door contacts wired..see if anything happens there

at least now if it does fault there wont be ringing alarm boxes at 4am

Looks like a new CP AND bell box, [can relocate it on the front of the house anyway instead of the side.]

or suggestions [6 zone]

dont spend your money unneseserily? ( i just realised i cant spell lol ) - its a faulty bell box ( most likely due to the rain!! ) either that or your fiddling could have blown the fuse - deal with the bellbox first then see about a panel ( by that i mean a half competant engineer should be called in )

non intended

Angus

unneseserily?

LOL..

Its one of those words that never looks right which ever way you spell it...

yep gonna try and get an A-D-T bell box, fix it to the front for all to see, then see what happens..

dyu think that jobbie from screwfix is any good or are they known to be problematic?

Guest anguscanplay
LOL..

Its one of those words that never looks right which ever way you spell it...

yep gonna try and get an //.Large National Installer.// bell box, fix it to the front for all to see, then see what happens..

dyu think that jobbie from screwfix is any good or are they known to be problematic?

dont forget to change the blown fuse - ive never seen the attraction of an //.Large National Installer.// box either

lots of people like the kit you linked , been a little higher up the trade food chain it isnt for me but usually a good diy buy , but it aint really much of an improvment over what youve got - now a eurosec cpx whilst still been budget gives you lots more facilities - even a basic speech dialler

dont forget to change the blown fuse

Yeh i changed the fuse..thats when I said the PIR's wouldnt arm when setting.... kept showing 2A, 3A, 4A

thats why ive left them out.

incidently the system has been restored [all be it only door contacts] without issue since this morning.

I do appreciate your comments and they are taken onboard.. i will check out the eurosec cpx

Archived