Security Installer Community

Veritas Bell Box Strobe

qpr55

I have a Veritas alarm system and when the alarm is activated or when i do a test on the system to check PIRs and bell box the strobe does not work. Looking in the bell box there is no wire connected to the strobe point on the block, the wiring diagrams states that this should be the green wire but still nothing happens. Does this need a connection or is the strobe connected through the bell itself, if so how would i connect it as it says in the hand book i can set the strobe to flash for about 6 seconds when alarm is armed and this would be useful me. Thanks

:(

I have a Veritas alarm system and when the alarm is activated or when i do a test on the system to check PIRs and bell box the strobe does not work. Looking in the bell box there is no wire connected to the strobe point on the block, the wiring diagrams states that this should be the green wire but still nothing happens. Does this need a connection or is the strobe connected through the bell itself, if so how would i connect it as it says in the hand book i can set the strobe to flash for about 6 seconds when alarm is armed and this would be useful me. Thanks

:(

how many cores are in the cable at the bell box, 4, 6 or 8?

cant remember but there is a green wire black wire and white wire twisted together and not connected to anything

if they are at the panel, test them out to make sure all is well. if they test ok the strobe would work if connected to the output at the bell and i think the S at the panel on these.

if they are at the panel, test them out to make sure all is well. if they test ok the strobe would work if connected to the output at the bell and i think the S at the panel on these.

Not connected at PCB either, i guess i need to trace the green wire that goes to bell box and connect to PCB then connect green to strb connection in box, i noticed that all wires are labeled so hopefully finding ones that go to bb will be easy. Will look at in morning in case alarm sounds tonight

Guest anguscanplay
Not connected at PCB either, i guess i need to trace the green wire that goes to bell box and connect to PCB then connect green to strb connection in box, i noticed that all wires are labeled so hopefully finding ones that go to bb will be easy. Will look at in morning in case alarm sounds tonight

dont touch the strobe when its going flash - it will hurt you if it doesnt kill you

dont touch the strobe when its going flash - it will hurt you if it doesnt kill you

Opened control panel today, none of the wires that are marked up "Bell" are conected to anything, checked fuses while i had lid off but strobe and bell run off same one and bell works fine so thats not the problem. Any sugestions please

Opened control panel today, none of the wires that are marked up "Bell" are conected to anything, checked fuses while i had lid off but strobe and bell run off same one and bell works fine so thats not the problem. Any sugestions please

engineer

Guest anguscanplay

if they arnt connected it isnt going to be working fine is it - ? dont waste any more of your time , call an engineer in

if they arnt connected it isnt going to be working fine is it - ? dont waste any more of your time , call an engineer in
Bell works fine think i will just stick with that and not risk damaging anything, shame though, neighbour has same system andstrobe works fine........no bell though, i know which i would rather have.

Archived