Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 Displaying P8

philip1

Hi, I installed a nexus 8 system just over a year ago (with a little help!). All has been fine except it now keeps sounding the alarm when it isn't even set! The LCD reads P8, although there are only 3 panic buttons installed?!

Can anyone help with this please?

Many thanks,

Phil.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, I installed a nexus 8 system just over a year ago (with a little help!). All has been fine except it now keeps sounding the alarm when it isn't even set! The LCD reads P8, although there are only 3 panic buttons installed?!

Can anyone help with this please?

Many thanks,

Phil.

hi philip1 - which ever panic button is connected to curcuit 8 is the one that has triggered

Link to engineer manual removed.

Guest anguscanplay
i didnt think engineers manuals should be put in public tut tut tut angus

:question:

wasnt till you told the world that was where the link led - muppet

basicly the equipment is DIY cack for the cheapskate DIY installer and if the manf wants to put the info out there who am I not to use the other posts on this site to direct the o/p to the relevant page - he could have found it the same way i did by using the search site button or googling Nexus 8 alarm panel , been redirected here and then using the link embedded in the answer to the last query to access the site ( nice link by the way camerabloke ).

Now a proper alarm manf wouldnt have that info out in the public domain would it MR Bellman so hats of to Lyntek for been so honest with their target market

Thanks very much.

It seems that the system had reprogramed itself! Zone 8 had become panic. Other Zones had reset themselves too?! I have re programed them all. Hopefully that will be that now!

Do you think a thunderstorm could have caused this?

Once again, thank you!

Philip1

Thanks very much.

It seems that the system had reprogramed itself! Zone 8 had become panic. Other Zones had reset themselves too?! I have re programed them all. Hopefully that will be that now!

Once again, thank you!

Philip1

yes, and its normally a sign they are on their way out

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks very much.

Once again, thank you!

Philip1

yep usually with a flat battery in the equation - good luck with the reprogg

Archived