Security Installer Community

Ademco Ahdr 16 Ch Dvr

DBS

:angry:

I have a AHDR 16 by ademco video and the primary hard drive which holds the operating system on it has failed. The unit has had a new drive put in by myself but it just sits there saying error when powered up. The unit is similar to the new hdhr by Honeywell so any comments on that would be greatly accepted.

Regards

Danny

:angry:

hi dnny,

Im new to this but from my experience of PC's if its the primary drive that you replaced and not a slave you will have to load up the companies OS otherwise the Hdd that you put in is dumb, waiting to be told what to do. I would imagine the supplier would have a downloadable OS (something like linux or inhouse designed stuff) that you could load onto a 4GB usb stick and flash it onto the hdd. I had a look and the company honeywell has downloads but there firmware upgrades. Id suggest you get onto them directly and ask tech for a link to downlaod the linux OS

http://www.honeywellvideo.com/support/techsupp/index.html

Sorry its not more helpful advice..

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Thanks for the reply,

I have had a look at the Honeywell tech support pages and it says that you need to be a dealer to enable e-mail support.

I know a guy that used to work for them when they where VCL so I will try to contact him for advice.

cheers

Danny

:rolleyes:

Archived