Security Installer Community

The Best Cameras

surv313

Just wondering what everyone thinks of Honeywell KD6's. They seem "sub-standard" and are not easily installed. Every publication I read though seems to promote them. Thoughts?

Just finished a trial for a client.

For external public area use the Panasonic WVCW970 (114mm optical zoom) analogue dome did very well as did the Axis 233D (119mm optical zoom) in the IP dome range.

Ilkie

Just wondering what everyone thinks of Honeywell KD6's. They seem "sub-standard" and are not easily installed. Every publication I read though seems to promote them. Thoughts?

We used to use the KD6 all the time, now its been replaced with the Pelco septra dome at our place, They have just introduced the spectra 4 which seems very good.

just upgraded 11 HD6 Domes for x27 zoom orbitor platinum VCL Domes. New VCL domes are much better than there earlier models and never had any troubles with them. :rolleyes:

just upgraded 11 HD6 Domes for x27 zoom orbitor platinum VCL Domes. New VCL domes are much better than there earlier models and never had any troubles with them. :rolleyes:

Its the word "VCL" that puts me off, i spent many years travelling the country replacing the original vcl 8" domes, things started to get better when they introduced the 5" dome, only because the spares i had to carry in the car didnt take up as much room....lol

No, jokes apart they getting better but they have a reputation like skoda, great value for more but still along way to go.

Archived