Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

danped

Hi,

I have an Optima XM panel and I have just been decorating in one room, I removed the cover to the PIR to get it off the wall and the alarm seemed to stop working. I thought as I was messing with it I may as well replace the PIR so I bought a shiny new one ( http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...74&ts=67004 ). I have rewired it but not only does that not respond the other PIRs have also stopped responding.

I am certain I have wired it correctly, If I try and set the system all the zones flash red and the box beeps.

I'm sure it must be straightforward to fix - what should I do?

Thanks,

Dan

you may have blown the fuse that supplies power to the pir circuits. switch off the mains to the alarm, remove the battery to power down. check all the fuses using test equipment. replace the fuse, with a exact match before you power back up make sure all the wires are back in the same place and have good contact. then power back up and let us know if you have any problems. ps at this stage i would replace the battery if it is three years or older or you do not know its age.

it you are not sure get somebody out.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

you may have blown the fuse that supplies power to the pir circuits. switch off the mains to the alarm, remove the battery to power down. check all the fuses using test equipment. replace the fuse, with a exact match before you power back up make sure all the wires are back in the same place and have good contact. then power back up and let us know if you have any problems. ps at this stage i would replace the battery if it is three years or older or you do not know its age.

Thanks for the quick response kka I'll take a couple of days to get hold of a battery and give this a whirl (I've got a 9-5 job and a5 month old baby who has gone to bed now so my window to do work is small!)

I'll post back how I got on, I usually enjoy having a go myself before calling the experts!

Dan

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the quick response kka I'll take a couple of days to get hold of a battery and give this a whirl (I've got a 9-5 job and a5 month old baby who has gone to bed now so my window to do work is small!)

I'll post back how I got on, I usually enjoy having a go myself before calling the experts!

Dan

hi dan

did you used to set the alarm when you went to bed ?

is no one leaving the house unattended whilst your at work

can you see where I`m heading with this ?

callout a local guy

Hi,

I have an Optima XM panel and I have just been decorating in one room, I removed the cover to the PIR to get it off the wall and the alarm seemed to stop working. I thought as I was messing with it I may as well replace the PIR so I bought a shiny new one ( http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...74&ts=67004 ). I have rewired it but not only does that not respond the other PIRs have also stopped responding.

I am certain I have wired it correctly, If I try and set the system all the zones flash red and the box beeps.

I'm sure it must be straightforward to fix - what should I do?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi my name is Phil from code 1 security you should find in the main panel there is a small glass fuse that will be blown as I think you may have shorted out the 12v and the 0v. All you need to do is repace this fuse

Guest anguscanplay
Hi my name is Phil from code 1 security you should find in the main panel there is a small glass fuse that will be blown as I think you may have shorted out the 12v and the 0v. All you need to do is repace this fuse

remember Dan

make sure you get exactly the same one - its not the same as the ones that work the kettle - trust me i`ve seen pictures on the forum where they tried.

remember Dan

make sure you get exactly the same one - its not the same as the ones that work the kettle - trust me i`ve seen pictures on the forum where they tried.

Thanks, I will do. BTW I don't tend to use the alarm much at the moment but I think I will once its sorted.

Hi kka, It looks like the fuse is blown, the only thing is I'm unsure what fuse it is as there is nothing written on it. On the pcb it says 1.6 is this a clue?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi kka, It looks like the fuse is blown, the only thing is I'm unsure what fuse it is as there is nothing written on it. On the pcb it says 1.6 is this a clue?

Thanks,

Dan

Itsw ok I've found the instructions it is a 1.6A fuse I want. Thanks.

Guest BellMan371
Itsw ok I've found the instructions it is a 1.6A fuse I want. Thanks.

on one of the end caps it usually states what the voltage rating of fuse is and also currnt rating but its stamped into/onto the metal end cap not pronted .

cheers

ct

Archived