Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3 Autoset Timer Urgent Help Needed

jezf

Hi all, in the process of installing a Galaxy G3 for residential use, bells only. Large panel but needed autoset timers. Have engineer code and programming and installation manuals, and have read up a lot about the system.

I want to have an autoset timer to automatically part set and unset the system. I preferably do not want to enable groups, as this makes things complicated during normal use.

Can anyone help please?

Hi all, in the process of installing a Galaxy G3 for residential use, bells only. Large panel but needed autoset timers. Have engineer code and programming and installation manuals, and have read up a lot about the system.

I want to have an autoset timer to automatically part set and unset the system. I preferably do not want to enable groups, as this makes things complicated during normal use.

Can anyone help please?

Had to use groups in the end by creating two groups, one for the downstairs and attaching the autoset timer to it, and the other group as the upstairs to complete the 'part' requirement. What I did not want was to have to select which groups to set and unset each time I set and unset the alarm. This would just be too complicated for the missus! But I found a setting so that my code automatically sets and unsets both groups during normal non timer use.

or use a max card/fob and setup as "set only" for the required groups

for example we have a card with a picture of a moon on it for guess what... night set

the card with a picture of a car on it is self explanatory

we use a card with logo of a house, car and moon with tick next to it for full set

the level for the card is low enough to set, but not unset so is no security risk.

This way you can make it simple and compliant, and you don't need to complicate the setting process with an abundance opf codes and options.

we have fobs to unset as per dd243

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest anguscanplay
If any zones are open when the timer starts, they are omitted.

and this complies with EN 5?????/ ? , weird idea to me

The other option would have been too program the Timer A option and select your on times as required. next program an output as TimerA, from this output wire to a relay back into a zone( this zone would be programmed as *keyswitch). Now on the *keyswitch zone make the part option enabled this would make the system part set when the TimerA switches on.

The autoset option is always the better option IMO but just for future reference if the panel doesn't have autoset then the above senario will work okay.

Regards

Max

Archived