Security Installer Community

Optima Xl4

I wonder if someone can help me please, I have moved into a propery and was left instructions to use the alarm and the omit functions for use at night.

The problem is that when using both functions, the alarm, when set continues to beep and doesn't switch itself off.

I have placed my hand in front of the sensors and they are working when the alarm is set, but I am wondering is there anything that I can do make sure that the alarm times out and I am able to use this.

Many Thanks

Mike

I wonder if someone can help me please, I have moved into a propery and was left instructions to use the alarm and the omit functions for use at night.

The problem is that when using both functions, the alarm, when set continues to beep and doesn't switch itself off.

I have placed my hand in front of the sensors and they are working when the alarm is set, but I am wondering is there anything that I can do make sure that the alarm times out and I am able to use this.

Many Thanks

Mike

Make and model??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay

Many Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum , with you saying youve jsut moved into the property have you thought about getting the system checked out profesionaly and also changing the code number - it may still be posible to charge the vendors if there is a fault found

angus

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum , with you saying youve jsut moved into the property have you thought about getting the system checked out profesionaly and also changing the code number - it may still be posible to charge the vendors if there is a fault found

angus

apologies, i should have said that the property is about 8 years old..... it would appear that the alarm is working....although i am no expert....

its just when set it doesn't time out as i would expect

Guest anguscanplay
apologies, i should have said that the property is about 8 years old..... it would appear that the alarm is working....although i am no expert....

its just when set it doesn't time out as i would expect

if youve just bought it .................?

silly question time but how long are you leaving it before you decide it hasnt set and what happens if you open then close the " exit door " and wait for 10 - 20 secs

if youve just bought it .................?

silly question time but how long are you leaving it before you decide it hasnt set and what happens if you open then close the " exit door " and wait for 10 - 20 secs

if i stand outside the exit door i can still hear it continuing to beep, waiting for it to go off, the same as when i omit one at the top of the stairs before i go to bed.....it just continues to beep....i have left this for at least a few minutes

Archived