Security Installer Community

Abacus 8 Reset After Power Failure

Paean

Hello - could someone please advise how to reset an Abacus 8 system after a prolonged mains power failure. The menu shows time and date of failure plus TRBL SUPPLY. It seems to be locked out as I can't make any key inputs that work. I also suspect the standby battery may be run down. Is there a special keying code input not covered in the user manual ? Thanks.

Hello - could someone please advise how to reset an Abacus 8 system after a prolonged mains power failure. The menu shows time and date of failure plus TRBL SUPPLY. It seems to be locked out as I can't make any key inputs that work. I also suspect the standby battery may be run down. Is there a special keying code input not covered in the user manual ? Thanks.

Hi Pean,

your system should have held for 8 hours + on a decent battery, if the time and date is correct then it seems perhaps it did not 'die' completely and restoring the power may have jammed it.

your best course of action is to call a local company to take a look, get an estimate and make sure they deal in this panel. the engineer should be able to reboot it properly if needed.

a system in this 'state' could still even trigger by itself, especially if a PA Button is pushed, and you will have no way of turning off the sirens with a jammed keypad, so don't leave it to long is my advice.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Pean,

your system should have held for 8 hours + on a decent battery, if the time and date is correct then it seems perhaps it did not 'die' completely and restoring the power may have jammed it.

your best course of action is to call a local company to take a look, get an estimate and make sure they deal in this panel. the engineer should be able to reboot it properly if needed.

a system in this 'state' could still even trigger by itself, especially if a PA Button is pushed, and you will have no way of turning off the sirens with a jammed keypad, so don't leave it to long is my advice.

regs

alan

Guest Dave the alarm man
Is there a special keying code input not covered in the user manual ? Thanks.

daft question, but how you going to enter it if the rkp don't respond?

Guest anguscanplay
I also suspect the standby battery may be run down. Is there a special keying code input not covered in the user manual ? Thanks.

nope - quite a comman myth

silly question have you tried to put in your code and tried to set the system as these do have a knack of locking out leave after a power cut for a couple of hours and they may start to work again

silly question have you tried to put in your code and tried to set the system as these do have a knack of locking out leave after a power cut for a couple of hours and they may start to work again

Hmmm,

So how's he going to do that??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Thanks for your replies. My thinking on this keypad and the system locking me out is - can you do a soft reboot from the control panel so you can then do a reset of the system. If a computer freezes you can press three keys at the same time ( Ctrl Alt Delete ) and cause a reboot. I thought that it might be possible to reboot the Abacas 8 with a keying sequence.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for your replies. My thinking on this keypad and the system locking me out is - can you do a soft reboot from the control panel so you can then do a reset of the system. If a computer freezes you can press three keys at the same time ( Ctrl Alt Delete ) and cause a reboot. I thought that it might be possible to reboot the Abacas 8 with a keying sequence.

just for once i going to break my cardinal rule to get the vultures off my back

replicate the sequence of events but without the battery connected

ie power down / disc the battery / power back up the mains but then your on your own

angus

Archived