Security Installer Community

Galaxy 18 Alarm

Hi can anyone help with a Galaxy 18 alarm system? The house we have moved into has a Galaxy 18 alarm which was fitted by the previous owner.

I believe the owner had installed the alarm himself. We have recently decorated and unscrewed one of the sensors as the old wallpaper was behind the sensor.

The alarm sounded with a "tamper" trigger. Since which it is displaying call engineer reset required.

I have two queries firstly our smoke dectors are linked to the alarm does this mean they will be deactivated. Also where can I obtain the reset code ? I was provided with user and manager codes which I have since changed from the previous owner but do not have an engineers code.

Many thanks

Louisa

Guest anguscanplay
Hi can anyone help with a Galaxy 18 alarm system? The house we have moved into has a Galaxy 18 alarm which was fitted by the previous owner.

I believe the owner had installed the alarm himself. We have recently decorated and unscrewed one of the sensors as the old wallpaper was behind the sensor.

The alarm sounded with a "tamper" trigger. Since which it is displaying call engineer reset required.

I have two queries firstly our smoke dectors are linked to the alarm does this mean they will be deactivated. Also where can I obtain the reset code ? I was provided with user and manager codes which I have since changed from the previous owner but do not have an engineers code.

Many thanks

Louisa

you got the cover back on the sensor properly ?

the alarm in question is a very good pro panel and worth the effort. it looks very much as it has being programmed engineers reset upon tamper, and that the master code is not set a high enought level to do this, may i suggest you need the services of a engineer. check out the companies on here in the police area section.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived