Security Installer Community

Tsd402

paulc117

I have a system with a TSD402 control panel and a remote keypad in the entrance hallway. Because of exensive decorating work I need to disconnect and renove the remote keypad for some time. Can anyone advise how to do this? Will the entire sytem have to be shut down and will it need remprogramming when reconnected?

Thanks

I have a system with a TSD402 control panel and a remote keypad in the entrance hallway. Because of exensive decorating work I need to disconnect and renove the remote keypad for some time. Can anyone advise how to do this? Will the entire sytem have to be shut down and will it need remprogramming when reconnected?

Thanks

hi Paul

welcome to the forums,

if you attempt to open the keypad it will cause an anti tamper fault, if the system is shut down by an engineer then there should be little likelihood any reprogramming would be needed. if you shut it down yourself the external siren will most likely activate, pleasing your neighbours no doubt intensely

did you fit the system yourself, inherit it or was it a professional installation? if you know the installer then your best bet is to contact them, or you might actually damage your control panel.

if you post you location i'm sure one of us will offer to call on you for a fee and do this work safe and conveniently.

we can not advise you on how to disable your system for obvious reasons

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

alan,

I inherited the system. I was hoping that when I opened the keypad and activated the anti tamper device then entering my code would silence it and allow me to remove the keypad without further activation. I was also hoping that this would leave the system operable but without the remote keypad in place. Perhaps it is not this simple, so if anyone would like to advise me of a fee for removing the keypad please do. I live in Sheffield.

Paul

alan,

I inherited the system. I was hoping that when I opened the keypad and activated the anti tamper device then entering my code would silence it and allow me to remove the keypad without further activation. I was also hoping that this would leave the system operable but without the remote keypad in place. Perhaps it is not this simple, so if anyone would like to advise me of a fee for removing the keypad please do. I live in Sheffield.

Paul

i don't think we can go any further with this, furum rules apply so we do not advise on how to disconnect any alarm items, while i beleive you are who you say i can not prove it, and i would be very unwise to give out such info in a public forum.

any decent local installer will assist you i'm sure, just tell them beforehand it's an extension keypad for the TSD402 panel so you can check they know it before engaging them. not a massive job so should not be to expensive but obviously two visits

regs

alan

i don't think we can go any further with this, furum rules apply so we do not advise on how to disconnect any alarm items, while i beleive you are who you say i can not prove it, and i would be very unwise to give out such info in a public forum.

any decent local installer will assist you i'm sure, just tell them beforehand it's an extension keypad for the TSD402 panel so you can check they know it before engaging them. not a massive job so should not be to expensive but obviously two visits

regs

alan

alan,

I take your point and have found a local installer. Thanks for the advice

paul

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the offer but I have checked with 3 local installers, all of whom will do the job for half your price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course they will - i would have said

Thanks for the offer but I have checked with 3 local installers, all of whom will do the job for half your price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not your fault, you were just up against Angus's "Day Rate"

sorry A

:roflmao:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
not your fault, you were just up against Angus's "Day Rate"

sorry A

:roflmao:

regs

alan

it was angus`s - i really cant be bothered rate lol

Archived