Security Installer Community

Programming Galixy Prox Tags

Qorn

Hello

I have installed a Galaxy 520c system and I'm having problems with programming prox tags.

The prox tags I have are these LINK

When trying to program the card by swiping the number that comes up on the Keyprox is totally diffrent to what is etched onto the tag, (Encripted Number?) also the tag shows 9 digits and the reader adds an leading zero when swiping, is the galaxy only compatiable for 10 digit tags of can I change the paramiter to 9 digits? or is this just normal or an I just being a *******?

The alarm system is used for my house and doesnt have to meet any req for monitored alarms as I have fitted a dialer to just notify me.

Many thanks for your time

Dave

deleted non politically correct word

Hello

I have installed a Galaxy 520c system and I'm having problems with programming prox tags.

The prox tags I have are these LINK

When trying to program the card by swiping the number that comes up on the Keyprox is totally diffrent to what is etched onto the tag, (Encripted Number?) also the tag shows 9 digits and the reader adds an leading zero when swiping, is the galaxy only compatiable for 10 digit tags of can I change the paramiter to 9 digits? or is this just normal or an I just being a *******?

The alarm system is used for my house and doesnt have to meet any req for monitored alarms as I have fitted a dialer to just notify me.

Many thanks for your time

Dave

Welcome to the world of token formats. If the token has been formatted in a certain way then the reader/panel needs the same format for the correct number to be recognised. From the description they should work, but there are no gaurantees with Ebay.

You don't say if the tags actually work. Depending on the system they can often be 'learned 'on.

The leading zero is put there by the programme. It will be ignored for purposes of the actual tag number.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Many thanks for your replys

The prox reader picks up data from the tag and its constistant.

Does that mean that I havent programed the MAX function properly??

Does anybody have a working config for a user.

All i want it for is replacement for the user pin so i can access the menu functions rather than a pre defined function.

Kind Regards

Dave

PS Sorry I didnt mean to be politically incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for your replys

The prox reader picks up data from the tag and its constistant.

Does that mean that I havent programed the MAX function properly??

Does anybody have a working config for a user.

All i want it for is replacement for the user pin so i can access the menu functions rather than a pre defined function.

Kind Regards

Dave

PS Sorry I didnt mean to be politically incorrect.

The number etched on the fob is so it can be used for door access on bigger sites.

Ignore the number and yes it will only bring up 9 numbers when reading the fobs.

What do you mean by pre defined function?

The fobs will (as default) set and unset the alarm. The code can set and go into the menu options.

Archived