Security Installer Community

Multiple Microphones On Pyronix Vocaliser

I'm installing a vocaliser for a customer. He wants 2 mics - It works fine with 1, but as soon as I add another one the sound becomes distorted. I've tried a different vocaliser and different mics (orbiters that come with the vocaliser). Anyone know how to improve sound quality? I've spoken to Pyronix tech and they don't know the answer.

Doesanyone know in an audio verification unit could merge the 2 mic inputs and give me 1 output to the Vocaliser?

usually need a mixer, there are some line level mixers about, depends on the spec of the pyronix microphone though.

The difficulties that you usually have to overcome are different impedance according to the length of cable used etc.

Alternatively you could install the CSL AVU (Audio Verification Unit) which has multiple channels (up to 16 I think)

I had both in my old house and the AVU, albeit a bit more expensive, was a lot clearer.

A friend who had one installed ended up getting his house policed when the window cleaner came in the back door that was not locked... you could hear the bang on the glass, followed by the creak of the door handle and the footsteps ion the laminate floor - very spooky to hear down a phone line!

The AVU should be a little harder to come by than the Vocaliser.

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived