Security Installer Community

Why Contact Installer?

peter7

Hi I'm new to this site because I have a problem I can't / but should be able to, solve

Why doesn't my USER MANUAL tell me

1. how to re-set the exit / entry time and

2. re-enable the chime tone to a zone without having to contact the installer

As my system can be readily bought over the Internet I assume ALL fitting, installation, maintenance,

re-setting etc. information would be included in the 'box' !!!!

Why can't somebody give me this info, I inherited the Alarm System so don't have ALL the documentation ????

IT'S NOT ENGINEER MANUAL ''STUFF'' SURELY??????

:(:unsure:

Guest Dave the alarm man

I can't reset the air bag light on my car..................

user changes it to severval minutes house get emptied before the alarm goes off whoops

might work on press * select zones required press *

Hi I'm new to this site because I have a problem I can't / but should be able to, solve

As my system can be readily bought over the Internet I assume ALL fitting, installation, maintenance,

re-setting etc. information would be included in the 'box' !!!!

Why can't somebody give me this info, I inherited the Alarm System so don't have ALL the documentation ????

IT'S NOT ENGINEER MANUAL ''STUFF'' SURELY??????

:(:unsure:

hi peter7,

your panel can be bought in manny places. many pro installers protect their reputation by removing the engineer manual and changing the engineer code to keep 'inquisitve' fingers out. this is to prevent anyone from changing the perameters not understanding the ramifications regarding thier security the system offered in the design.

all panels allow certain feartures to be accesed from a master code, but which like chime or changing codes differ between makers, you may also only have a secondary level code, and not the master.

opinions amongst engineers differ greatly, i happen to leave the engineers book with the client, if they should default the controls and claim innocence, i will know as my code would also be deleted and i'd be aware in seconds of arriving.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I can't reset the air bag light on my car..................

user changes it to severval minutes house get emptied before the alarm goes off whoops

might work on press * select zones required press *

Whats' with the ''AIR BAG LIGHT''? ....... It was an honest sensible question Re: Exit / Entry time re-setting !!!!!!!

Plus I've already tried the solution you give for the ' chime tone zone set ' but the User Manual states ''

........ This feature is only active when enabled by your installer........ WHY?????

hi peter7,

your panel can be bought in manny places. many pro installers protect their reputation by removing the engineer manual and changing the engineer code to keep 'inquisitve' fingers out. this is to prevent anyone from changing the perameters not understanding the ramifications regarding thier security the system offered in the design.

all panels allow certain feartures to be accesed from a master code, but which like chime or changing codes differ between makers, you may also only have a secondary level code, and not the master.

opinions amongst engineers differ greatly, i happen to leave the engineers book with the client, if they should default the controls and claim innocence, i will know as my code would also be deleted and i'd be aware in seconds of arriving.

regs

alan

Thanks for your sensible response !!! But it doesn't help me solve the problem

Guest Dave the alarm man
Whats' with the ''AIR BAG LIGHT''? ....... It was an honest sensible question Re: Exit / Entry time re-setting !!!!!!!

I assume you did not like the honest sesible answer?

So get hold of the programming instructions & default to your requirements

I assume you did not like the honest sesible answer?

So get hold of the programming instructions & default to your requirements

OK SMART A**E Post them for me to down load That's all I've been asking for

sorry peter we are unable to supply this information because of legal complications. i would suggest you either get in touch with a local installer or possibly get in touch with the alarms manufacturers and ask them for the engineering manual.or why not post your location and maybe someone on here near you could maybe sort the problem out for you for a few beer tokens

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

OK SMART A**E Post them for me to down load That's all I've been asking for

No we are not allowed to. If you want to change the system you will need an engineer.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Thanks for your sensible response !!! But it doesn't help me solve the problem

hi peter7,

no problems, you could apply to the manufacturer for a book, but you best advice is to either get your installer back or ask another engineer/alrm company to assist (get a estimated price before engaging).

chime is a feature when used can be excellent or just a novelty which becomes annoying, either way it has to be enabled in engineer programming on all or just certain zones as required.

as installers, we get 'fault' calls generated when the feature accidentally gets turned on, so depends on the installed some don't enable it at all unless asked to avoid it, where i might enable on the front door and landing.

when chime is enabled and system unset, openning the front door say to get the post on an early saterday morning, the chime can be disturbing to both your partner or children either directly, or causing the dog to go spare expecting walkies', this then may go further and upset you neighbours.

you can see even a 'simple' feature like chime has to be thought through properly, and the more exotic functions even more so, an experienced engineer will guid you through those decisions to gain the best advantage's from your system while hopfully avoiding the pitfalls.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived