Security Installer Community

Concept 6

Normally when we have a power out in the street there is one house whose alarm goes off - every time !! Today we had a power cut and every alarm in the street - including mine (concept 6 system) went off. It was like a scene from a scifi movie. Why would this happen ? Normally my backup battery would kick in but it didn't. Can anybody help ???

Big Uncle Neil.

Guest Sparky169
Normally when we have a power out in the street there is one house whose alarm goes off - every time !! Today we had a power cut and every alarm in the street - including mine (concept 6 system) went off. It was like a scene from a scifi movie. Why would this happen ? Normally my backup battery would kick in but it didn't. Can anybody help ???

Big Uncle Neil.

it sounds like your back up battery in the panel has failed to charge properly.

there is a couple of things that are needed to be checked and so an engineer would be prudent to visit as they would know what to test and replace if found to be faulty

regards

Guest anguscanplay

Big Uncle Neil.

over voltage,power drop,missing earth on power up or all the alarms also have flat batteries - not to far fetched if youve recently been getting lots of mini spikes

engineer time to get it checked would be the best advise

Big Uncle Neil.

You didn't explain when they "went off" i.e. when external sounders were triggered - was it when the mains power went off, during the power cut, or when mains power was restored? Maybe a mixture?

Archived