Security Installer Community

Powermax+ Phone Line Connection And Low Batt

Hi guys,

I just installed Powermax+ with 6 PIRs and a door contact for a mate. Arming/disarming, sensors, etc are working fine, however, I have a couple of probs.

First one is that we want to connect it to the phone line so that it dials a number to report alarms/alerts. I have connected it to the phone line but I can't find any way to test whether it's connected properly or not. The manual shows an RJ11 which is not there so I connected the phone wires to a pair of contacts at the back (which is also shown in the manual as connected to the phone line). I set the phone numbers both on the installer's and user's side and set off the alarm but nothing happened. I can't even find in the manual what is supposed to happen and when? Does anybody know? Have I set it up incorrectly (quite possibly!)

Second problem is that I still get the low batt warning even though I've connected the battery and the CPU has been on AC power for at least 24 hours. Again, am I missing something??? I'll take a multimeter with me tomorrow to check the battery and the relevant contacts.

Finally, a question about the pet immune PIRs. I'm thinking of installing the alarm to my house as well, but I have 3 cats, so I was wondering if that would be a prob and if anyone has had any experience with a similar situation. I've read some comments that pet immune PIRs work and I know that it's supposed to be ok for pets up to 36kg. My cats are 15kg altogether. Anyway, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

Hi the battery could be faulty which I have had from new. The communcications you connect up to the LINE terminals don't forget an ADSL filter if required. You need to switch on the faciltiy for comunications in this menu I sugest the report to private -open and Close option then this should give you what your require.

Thanks

Archived