Security Installer Community

Upgrading A Scantronic System

Hi Leonard and welcome.

Here is a link to the section of the forum that lists companies for London.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=236

You can call those in your area and get a survey and quotation for an upgrade.

I wouldn't try to buy equipment and then try to get someone to install it as it throws up legal issues over the responsibility for the epuipment if it is faulty or not suitable etc. Most wouldn't want to get involved.

As Angus is saying :rolleyes: the Nsi is one of the accreditaion bodies for the intruder industry the other is the SSAIB. making sure that the company you choose is a member of one of them "should" offer some quality assurance and would possibly be a requirment if your alarm is needed for insurance purposes.

Hope that's of some help.

C.

:)

Hi Leonard and welcome.

Here is a link to the section of the forum that lists companies for London.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=236

You can call those in your area and get a survey and quotation for an upgrade.

I wouldn't try to buy equipment and then try to get someone to install it as it throws up legal issues over the responsibility for the epuipment if it is faulty or not suitable etc. Most wouldn't want to get involved.

As Angus is saying :rolleyes: the Nsi is one of the accreditaion bodies for the intruder industry the other is the SSAIB. making sure that the company you choose is a member of one of them "should" offer some quality assurance and would possibly be a requirment if your alarm is needed for insurance purposes.

Hope that's of some help.

C.

:)

Many thanks for that. Actually the alarm is all fine, except some numpty cut the wire to the internal bell. I woud like to have this alone replaced if possible. Can you advise where I can purchase same?

Guest anguscanplay
Many thanks for that. Actually the alarm is all fine, except some numpty cut the wire to the internal bell. I woud like to have this alone replaced if possible. Can you advise where I can purchase same?

i can sell you loads of cable thats been cut lol

if its a repair you need and not a new system then my advise is still the same - ring two or three local registered installers and get the system repaired and checked at the same time

angus

i can sell you loads of cable thats been cut lol

if its a repair you need and not a new system then my advise is still the same - ring two or three local registered installers and get the system repaired and checked at the same time

angus

Many thanks,

Will do

Archived