Security Installer Community

Pcbcad21 - Pcb Design Software

arfur mo

hi guys,

i spotted and bought this PCB software off Ebay, and no it's not pirated but a fully legit program, if you have ever used EASYPC or BOARDMAKER you will get on fine with it but also have access to your modern printers.

if you have never used a PCB cad prog before, it won't take too long to master it but will feel strange due to the 'DOS' type uncluttered layout (which i like).

it cost's a little bit under

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi guys,

i spotted and bought this PCB software off Ebay, and no it's not pirated but a fully legit program, if you have ever used EASYPC or BOARDMAKER you will get on fine with it but also have access to your modern printers.

if you have never used a PCB cad prog before, it won't take too long to master it but will feel strange due to the 'DOS' type uncluttered layout (which i like).

it cost's a little bit under

its a shame i use Mac OSX

i don't know if he did a MAC version, could email him an ask. the guy selling the program is the author.

on the disk is 3 versions, '98 & vista i wonder if it would work in a W'98 emulator on a mac?

i have also bought the Circuit Wizard pro

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

been using Circuit Wizard a lot since i last posted this, so just an update and a correction,

i said "they also do a design wizard which tests down to component destruction levels and then imports into Ciuruit Wizard for board production" - actually the later version is in Design Wizard is in Circuit Wizard Pro and can dose destruction testing.

the program comes with a set of library circuits, which you can unprotect and use as building blocks for the 'greater designs'.

the auto placing is a bit hap hazard, so i use it as a basis then set the layout i actually want, then auto route the design from there.

the schematic entry is superb, as is the testing of the design, you can use traditional lines or simply add 'connection points' and name them as 'nets' making for more compact and also far clearer drawings with less mistakes by inadvertantly joining nets.

so if you mess about with electronic designs as an amature in any way, or i'd say even as a pro, then buy yourself a copy via maplins online site.

i'd highly recommend the pro version for the bigger libraries and double sided routing (pro version is not sold in the stores but only via the maplin web site).

tech support for the product is both informative and very fast responding to emails.

regs

alan

Archived