Security Installer Community

Guardtec 370-580 Woes

Hi hope someone can help me with this,

we have not long moved into our house, and while i was working on our downstairs lighting circuit the alram started sounding the internal buzzer and showing Fb on the panel. Looking in a manual i managed to download it says that this means fuse or battery fault - it would seem that the installer decided to wire the alarm using the lighting circuit and as i have removed the fuse the alarms battery has worn down and it has started panicing.

I have tried putting the fuse back in the main board - no change, i have also put in the alarm code left to us buy the previous owner - again no change. Does anyone else have any ideas what i can do to get the alarm to stop. It's easter bank holiday weekend so i dont really want to have to get an engineer out on an emergency call out if i can help it!

Thanks in advance

Dan

Guest anguscanplay
Hi hope someone can help me with this,

we have not long moved into our house, and while i was working on our downstairs lighting circuit the alram started sounding the internal buzzer and showing Fb on the panel. Looking in a manual i managed to download it says that this means fuse or battery fault - it would seem that the installer decided to wire the alarm using the lighting circuit and as i have removed the fuse the alarms battery has worn down and it has started panicing.

I have tried putting the fuse back in the main board - no change, i have also put in the alarm code left to us buy the previous owner - again no change. Does anyone else have any ideas what i can do to get the alarm to stop. It's easter bank holiday weekend so i dont really want to have to get an engineer out on an emergency call out if i can help it!

Thanks in advance

Dan

did the code work before the power was off

is the lighting curciut wired loop in out ie 240v present at every ceiling rose and have you altered any of the connections as this may have left the alarm unpowered

Hi,

thanks for all your answers - looks like i was trying the wrong code! put the code in and it did stop eventually - but i will definately be getting it serviced sooner rather than later. Anyone have any suggestions for a good alarm company in the greater manchester area?

Archived