Security Installer Community

Red Beacon ?

uski

Hi,

Another set of (not so) funny pictures...

This time, I've took them in a school, where the entire fire alarm system is being reinstalled and rewired.

It's a huge job, that wil last at least a year and a half. You can see the two sets of two photoelectric detectors at each side of the videoprojector in front of the room, the idea is to have the old system functionnal while the new one is being installed.

To be up to the latest regs, they are installing red beacons additionnally to the sirens, for people who have a hearing problem.

This is one of the rooms of the school:

e160_pano.JPG

(sorry for the bad panorama, but everything that needs to be seen is here)

The aim of the red beacon is, of course, to be easily seen.

But... can you see the red beacon ?

No ?

Neither I can...

So, where is it ?

Here of course :rolleyes: !

e160_flash.JPG

(BTW, the pictures have also been sent to the person in charge of the buildings...)

:)

uski

It is !!! Perhaps the installation engineer forgot that :roflmao: or couldnt be bothered to run a bit more cable in

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest Cerberus NI

Best guess??It was installed to consultants/designers spec who (1) Never visisted site or (2) the screens were up when they surveyed it!

Sorry but whilst having a go at the installers for bad location consider the installation of screens to be an after thought.

(What came first the chicken or the egg).

The main question on this typical leisure installation is ( its good to talk )

Liasion with all parties is now part of installation requirements - but this does not always happen.

Maybe the Fire alarm installers are being sensible and waiting for a contractual instruction.

Does this mean its there fault - who is paying for additional work etc.

The alarm may well of been in place prior to the installation of addional screens.

Easy to have a go without the facts.

One should always consider the history !

(BTW, the pictures have also been sent to the person in charge of the buildings...)

:)

uski

but nothing ever happens.....

and i wonder...

Archived