Security Installer Community

Optima Xm6 'tampered'

Guest ctiney

Guest ctiney

1) When we had a new back door fitted, the magnetic detector was removed and the wires left. There are two pairs and I don't know what to do with them. The new door is plastic so I don't realy want to drill holes for a new magnetic detector.

2) One of the wires touch another and set off the alarm. I stopped it with the code, but now the tamper light is on and with no instructions I don't want to make it worse, how do I reset the system back to normal ?

Thanks for any replies

Guest simonrob

Of the two pairs of wires you have 1 pair is for the tamper circuit and the other pair activates the alarm zone for the door.

Do you know which colours each pair uses? If you do you should be able to connect together the wires for each pair, press reset on your alarm panel to clear the tamper fault.

If not I would get in touch with a local alarm company to sort this out for you.

The above will only provide a temporary fix. It would be advisable to get an alarm company to sort the problem for you and advise you on the best method of alarming your door.

If you tell us which part of the country you are in, you may find somebody on this site may be local to you and be able to help.

Simon

Guest ctiney

Black and blue; red and yellow. These pairs are currently together. What would have caused the alarm 'tamper' to go off ? Was it because these pairs touched ? (I wondering if there is a break in the wire somewhere) or because they became untwisted.

I'm in York by the way

Twist the black and blue together, these 2 will probably have caused the tamper fault.

Twist the red and yellow together, these will probably be the contact pair and will now show the door (cct) as closed.

Cover the bare wires still twisted together in tape now and all things being well you should be fine.

Without doubt one of the pairs becoming untwisted would have caused the tamper fault.

Archived