Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Manual

Guest dicatflip

Guest dicatflip

hi guys

i have a veritas 8 alarm, which has been installed into my house at least since december 1998. i dont know if anyone can help me with the question, or what, but i haven;t got a user manual as the alarm was fitted into the house before i bought it. the fuse has blown on the alarm, so i have changed the fuse. when i power the alarm back up again, it doesn't recognise my pin code. it makes the "beep" noises from the box, but when i enter my pin, it doesnt disable the alarm. i am assuming i need some kind of reset code or something, but dont particularly want to call out the engineers as out of the few i have phoned, the cheapest person i have found has been £90 + vat, just to come out and have a look at the thing! :angry:

so, i have visited the texecom ltd website, and unfortunatly for whatever reason, my pc will not download the manual. PLEASE someone help me! I am going on holiday very very soon, and really cannot go without leaving my alarm on.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like your panel has crashed and maybe returned to default setting in which case your default user code should be "4321".

I would however recommend you get your alarm checked out or serviced by an engineer and to be fair the call-out quotes you have so far seem a bit steep.

Tell us what region your living in and im sure there will be an engineer here who will help you out for a much more reasonable price.

Hi

Glad the code worked for you!

The tamper fault is most likely the panel lid is not fitted correctly. Try checking to make sure the lid is on correctly.

However this may not be the case and because the panel has reverted to factory defaults, it could be a programming requirement.

I strongly suggest you get a qualified engineer to check out the problems and reprogramme the panel if required.

In your forum post you said you cannot afford to go on holiday without your alarm working correctly. I know how you feel about spending your hard earned beer money on this (i would be the same) but for peace of mind its worth doing!

Like i suggested, post on the forums the region you live in and im sure one of the engineers will be able to provide the service for nearer half the cost you have been quoted.

By the way, im a Geordie, Alan Shearer is a legend not me!

Glad to be able to help

Ian

Archived