Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 And Weird Zone Problem

terryjacobs

Hi all,

I'm new here so firstly hello!

I have installed an Accenta G3 mini alarm and RKP. The setup currently has one magnetic switch on the front door and two PIR's. The alarm operates correctly with the front door switch.

I am having problems getting the PIR's to work. The PIR's are connected and the zone is turned on in the control panel and set as a security zone. However when I set the alarm and test the zone it does not set off the alarm.

However when the alarm is off and I do either the 'walk test' or the 'chime' functions, on walking past the zone it works correctly and recognises me setting it off.

Also, if I set the control panel to think the PIR is a different type of zone - i.e Fire zone, when the alarm is active if I set off the alarm it will trigger a fire alarm.

I am completely stumped at this problem, have tried contacting technical support but it seems they just leave the phone off the hook.

The tamper switch inside the PIR's also works correctly (i.e if I try to open it it activates a tamper alarm).

Many thanks in advance!

Are they set up as "used zones" when using the programme 1,2 or 3 if they are not actually set as a used zone when setting the alarm prog full or part set then they wont activate. Depending on your installation manual, it may be on page 21, under programs 1,2, and 3.

Archived