Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Broken

snezana

Hello, we have an ade optima compact in our house, one day we came and the alarm was going and never stopping, we removed the panel and it stopped now we don't know what we could do. We had somebody coming in for a quote and he said the battery has to be changed and the light outside and he asked big big money, not anybody else we contacted could help us. We don't dare to touch anything anymore because we think it ill begin again... the noise... Could anybody help us?? thanks a lot

try the yellow pages im sure you will find someone in there that will probably help you thats local to you.when you say the guy that saw you asked big money was it silly money he was asking i suppose it depends on what you call silly money.get a professional in to check the system out it could turn out to be something simple but if not he will inform you what needs to be done.

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Hello, we have an ade optima compact in our house, one day we came and the alarm was going and never stopping, we removed the panel and it stopped now we don't know what we could do. We had somebody coming in for a quote and he said the battery has to be changed and the light outside and he asked big big money, not anybody else we contacted could help us. We don't dare to touch anything anymore because we think it ill begin again... the noise... Could anybody help us?? thanks a lot

Hi there,

The ADE compact is generally viewed by people here as a DIY system, so many professionals will prefer to replace it rather than try to fix it. Did you install it yourself or inherit it with the house?

What "big big money" were you asked for to do what? Remember if you're not on contract companies will quite reasonably make a call-out charge for a system they've had nothing to do with.

And whereabout are you? e.g. town or postcode district?

Hi there,

The ADE compact is generally viewed by people here as a DIY system, so many professionals will prefer to replace it rather than try to fix it. Did you install it yourself or inherit it with the house?

What "big big money" were you asked for to do what? Remember if you're not on contract companies will quite reasonably make a call-out charge for a system they've had nothing to do with.

And whereabout are you? e.g. town or postcode district?

Hello, the alarm was in the house, we are in west sussex, we would like to fix it ourselves if it is a diy must not be that difficult, i'm trying to find some manuals as there was none, thanks a lot

Hello, the alarm was in the house, we are in west sussex, we would like to fix it ourselves if it is a diy must not be that difficult, i'm trying to find some manuals as there was none, thanks a lot

Good luck. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you've seen, the engineers manuals you need cannot be made available here. They were once available to download from ADE's web site but that facility was withdrawn a year or so ago.

Archived