Security Installer Community

Screwed Through 6 Core Cable

So after pendint he day putting down a new floor I thought I would keep going and put the beadin on to finish it all off. The last piece to go down and I forgot about the alarm cable.

I ran down and entered the code but the outside bell continued. I thoght the only thing for it would be cut the cable and re join the colour to colour and insulate each one beofre starting again.

Now everytime I enter the code to set the alarm the zone goes off as if at fault. none of the wires are touching and all are spereatly insultaed.

Its an optima XM. Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Hmm typing in your user code will silence it also. But again, as been stated, mains voltage is inside the panel and can kill.

I trired disconectting the power and the battery during the alarm ringing and it still continued.

As it stands now the control panel is lit just like day mode, no tamper alarm or lights. When I enter the user code zone 4 is red as if it is at fault. I had this beofre with another zone and looped it out until I could find the time to find the fault. The fault was a split cable that had snagged. I reconnected and insulated the cable and all was well.

I may try looping out the zone first to check that all is well if it is not used. Didn't realsie that cutting the cable could blow the fuse. So if I turn the mains power off and discontect the battery then I shouldn't get a shock?

cheers, I will not try anything until tomorrow anyway now.

felsteaduk you should only attempt the repair if you are technically competent to do so. This forum and it's members cannot be held responsible for any injury caused.

Never open an alarm panel up if it still has a live mains feed to it.

Thanks guys, I have had the panel open a few times beofre to loop out zones. I would never hold anyone to blame but myself should I do something stupid and I appriciate the advice given here as it has helped me beofre.

Having never done the fuses on this alarm I may seek professional advice. Will disocontect the main tomorrow and open the panel again tomorrow and see if I can spot the fuse, I will have to call in a the alarm shop to pic up a fuse anyway, so will ask there too. They are the ones that erivce it anyway so should be able to offer some help or arange a visit to do it at for me.

Thanks again

OK No problem. As has been said it sounds like the aux fuse in the panel. Maplins should carry replacement ones if you take the old one with you, make sure you replace with the same value.

Archived