Security Installer Community

A New Cctv Camera

tubularowl

Hi everyone, :yes:

I run a DVR system with 3 cameras. One I got from a shop (its OK), the other 2 came from 3yK and they are excellent. One has a 14mm lens and the other a 12 so they cover a sizable area at the front of my house. I originally installed them when I had some problems with youths a year or so ago but the cameras stopped that once they realised they were being filmed so they went to bother someone else!. Lately I've had a few things thrown at my house (tomatos, a stone and a couple of snowballs the other night). This would appear to come from someone that doesn't know I have cameras (they a quite discreet). As is common with CCTV, I can make out the action clearly but not the individuals.

I want a nightvision camera with a long distance IR range and a 40 + mm lens just to concentrate on a particular area and identify people. the target area is 80 ft from my house and I want to see faces.

Can anyone recommend something. I dont want it to be too big and the target area is close to a street lamp (within 20ft). The light is sufficient for the 3YK cameras to stay in colour all night.

just to add that I cant site the camera closer to the target area.

Any ideas :hmm:

Thank you for any advice

...the target area is 80 ft from my house and I want to see faces.

so it is not your yard anymore but public area?

Can anyone recommend something. ...

Any ideas :hmm:

drop the idea of filming public area since it may cause more trouble to you than to them..

Thank you for any advice

np

i know its a 25mm lens but you may be able to change it but i would think this would do the trick check it out it may be of help to you?

http://www.cctv-centre.co.uk/cctv/69032.htm

colin

Looks a good camera especially with 520 tVlines. Will ring them tomorrow, thanks for the reply.

so it is not your yard anymore but public area?

drop the idea of filming public area since it may cause more trouble to you than to them..

np

Have been recording the target area for over a year. Police are happy, neighbours are happy as some have their own cameras and it infringes nobodys privacy. The only ones who should be bothered are those up to no good. Last night we had a prowler at my neighbours bungalow at the back of my house. He was very unsettled when he saw the video playback of the approaching person. I could make out his clothes, that he was white and height/build. If I had my new camera I'd have got his face.

no problem pleased i could help!

Hi, Have bought this camera. It arrived Wednesday so a good service from Henrys. Will install it next week and link it up to my DVR card. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ray

Archived