Security Installer Community

Texecom Bell Box Query

andygodwin

hi all

just a quick one.

i'm a DIY home installer and have installed a wired texecom veritas excel control panel 4x PIR 2x panic and a texecom bellbox (the one with the blue bottom).

all works fine and dandy.

on system full set, exit tone sounds, i stand outside and watch the bell box and strobe flashes when system is set.

in the manual it says strobe flashes 3x and mine flashs 7x, it used to do 3x but then i had to move a few things around and used engineer hold off a few times now its 7x.

any ideas how i can get it back to 3x?? or should i not worry about it?

regards andy

hi all

just a quick one.

i'm a DIY home installer and have installed a wired texecom veritas excel control panel 4x PIR 2x panic and a texecom bellbox (the one with the blue bottom).

all works fine and dandy.

on system full set, exit tone sounds, i stand outside and watch the bell box and strobe flashes when system is set.

in the manual it says strobe flashes 3x and mine flashs 7x, it used to do 3x but then i had to move a few things around and used engineer hold off a few times now its 7x.

any ideas how i can get it back to 3x?? or should i not worry about it?

regards andy

May be nothing to worry about, strobes "charge" before firing and getting the same number of flashes may be difficult.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Usually it's a timed output, which depending on the time it takes for the strobe to charge up for the first flash will depend how many times it flashes. Most are around the 6 or 7 mark but as long as it flashes it's doing the right thing.

Archived