Security Installer Community

Entry/exit Zones On Scantronic 9448+ Alarm

Fordy

Hi,

I have just moved into a new house and a slightly perplexed by the setup of the alarm.

It is a Scantronic 9448+

I have performed the walk test and discovered that I have one sensor downstairs on zone 2 and one sensor upstairs on zone 1.

However when I enter the house having set the alarm both the internal sounder and external alarm go off.

Looking at the panel there is another LED called entry/exit, and this leads to my confusion. I would have expected one of the PIR sensors to have lit up the entry/exit light when I did the walk test??

I assume that the external alarm is going off because I have not triggered the correct sensor on entry/exit, instead I have entered and triggered the sensors in zone 1 or zone 2

I can't see any other sensors which I could trigger which could be connected to entry/exit.

Is it also possible to change the default entry/exit route, from reading on the internet is seems like you can set something called the zone 2 entry route but I'm not sure what that means.

Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether...

a) The system has been wired incorrectly and infact the zone 2 sensor (downstairs) should be wired to light the entry/exit led?

B) It is likely that there is another sensor that I have not found connected to the entry/exit? (although I have looked quite carefully)

c) The system is not configured correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi,

I have just moved into a new house and a slightly perplexed by the setup of the alarm.

It is a Scantronic 9448+

I have performed the walk test and discovered that I have one sensor downstairs on zone 2 and one sensor upstairs on zone 1.

However when I enter the house having set the alarm both the internal sounder and external alarm go off.

Looking at the panel there is another LED called entry/exit, and this leads to my confusion. I would have expected one of the PIR sensors to have lit up the entry/exit light when I did the walk test??

I assume that the external alarm is going off because I have not triggered the correct sensor on entry/exit, instead I have entered and triggered the sensors in zone 1 or zone 2

I can't see any other sensors which I could trigger which could be connected to entry/exit.

Is it also possible to change the default entry/exit route, from reading on the internet is seems like you can set something called the zone 2 entry route but I'm not sure what that means.

Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether...

a) The system has been wired incorrectly and infact the zone 2 sensor (downstairs) should be wired to light the entry/exit led?

B) It is likely that there is another sensor that I have not found connected to the entry/exit? (although I have looked quite carefully)

c) The system is not configured correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated!

is there a back door, and was it the front door before? That could be the problem.

cheers

has the front door being changed. and the wires on the entry exit zone being twisted together and forgot about, or even hidden somewhere.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived