Security Installer Community

Quad Processor With Audio?

PaulR3

Hi all. I am about to install a second (then probably a third) mini cctv camera in my nature boxes in the garden. I currently have one camera set up to a monitor and enjoy watching it immensely. It is set up next to the television and we are usually alerted to it by sound (animals entering the box). As I wish to view all the cameras at the same time, I believe I need to have a quad processor or multiplexer. However, I have noticed that they don't have audio inputs (well, the ones I have seen anyway). As it is very important to us to have audio as well (listening to them is half the fun!), how do I get around this? Are there any that do support audio (without spending a fortune)? Is there an easy 'fix'? Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I am about to install a second (then probably a third) mini cctv camera in my nature boxes in the garden. I currently have one camera set up to a monitor and enjoy watching it immensely. It is set up next to the television and we are usually alerted to it by sound (animals entering the box). As I wish to view all the cameras at the same time, I believe I need to have a quad processor or multiplexer. However, I have noticed that they don't have audio inputs (well, the ones I have seen anyway). As it is very important to us to have audio as well (listening to them is half the fun!), how do I get around this? Are there any that do support audio (without spending a fortune)? Is there an easy 'fix'? Thanks in advance.

If it was me I would buy a 4 channel multiplexer unit for the images, I would then take the audio into a 4 channel mixer desk and mark them to correspond with the multiplexer channels eg. Bird on cam 3 up the volume on mixer desk slider 3.

Obviously I'm not sure of your knowledge on audio/visual sytems so have posted a very skeletal reply.

If you need more detailed run down then you'll find my number listed here somewhere.

The older I get, the faster I was.

or a dvr instead and thatll do all the reocding onto hard disk, he could see all images on one screen, and lsiten to the audio and also playback while recording!

:lol:

cjt

Would that be a mixed audio pick ups on a single channel then??

The older I get, the faster I was.

Another option is to record using a Hi-Fi VHS VCR which will record 2 audio channels (left + right) onto 1 video tape. Soem high end dVRs will record 4 channels of audio with 4 video channels, but these tend to be top end

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

How many sources of audio will you have? By all of the replies, I assume will be adding additional Mic's aswell as cameras, or are you using one ambient Mic? If so, a quad will do the job fine, and leave the ambient Mic connected to the VCR :)

Archived