Security Installer Community

Scantronic 500r+ "dead" After Power Cut

uklimited

I have a Scantronic wireless system with 500R+ control panel. It was installed about 3 years ago but the installation company are no longer in business. I have attempted to have a local company "take it over" but they don't even turn up for agreed appointments.

My problem is this - after a recent power cut that lasted 3 days the control panel finally gave up warning us of a power cut! - Howver since the power has been restored the system does not function and the power light is off - however there is a hum from the box when the main power switch (to the panel) is on, and when off there is no hum.

Obviously there IS power to the box but NO LEDs are on!!!

This system has been 100% reliable and I have successfully moved PIRs and replaced batteries in PIRs. I have not changed the battery in the Control Panel as I understood this to be a rechargeable one and only used when mains power was unavailable.

I have user and engineer codes and Installation and Uer manual.

Do I keep searching for an installation/service professional or replace the cntrol panel or is it something else.

Over to the experts..... Thanks

I have a Scantronic wireless system with 500R+ control panel. It was installed about 3 years ago but the installation company are no longer in business. I have attempted to have a local company "take it over" but they don't even turn up for agreed appointments.

My problem is this - after a recent power cut that lasted 3 days the control panel finally gave up warning us of a power cut! - Howver since the power has been restored the system does not function and the power light is off - however there is a hum from the box when the main power switch (to the panel) is on, and when off there is no hum.

Obviously there IS power to the box but NO LEDs are on!!!

This system has been 100% reliable and I have successfully moved PIRs and replaced batteries in PIRs. I have not changed the battery in the Control Panel as I understood this to be a rechargeable one and only used when mains power was unavailable.

I have user and engineer codes and Installation and Uer manual.

Do I keep searching for an installation/service professional or replace the cntrol panel or is it something else.

Over to the experts..... Thanks

hi uklimited,

as a non-registered company who care's deeply for any enquirer who has honored me with their choice for help, i'd be dead curious if those you have contacted were members of NSI or SSAIB.

like AG says, these organization members should be your best option if you do not know of any or had personally recommended companies. many installers do not entertain radio systems (registered or not), and possibly why they have shied away, but imo very rude just not to show up.

i'm too far away from you for a call to be viable, but i'm very sure one of our forum members more local, will offer their services. and if they don't turn up you can 'name and shame' them back on here :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi uklimited,

as a non-registered company who care's deeply for any enquirer who has honored me with their choice for help, i'd be dead curious if those you have contacted were members of NSI or SSAIB.

like AG says, these organization members should be your best option if you do not know of any or had personally recommended companies. many installers do not entertain radio systems (registered or not), and possibly why they have shied away, but imo very rude just not to show up.

i'm too far away from you for a call to be viable, but i'm very sure one of our forum members more local, will offer their services. and if they don't turn up you can 'name and shame' them back on here :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

Thanks for your help and some PMs - Just to let everyone know, the problem turned out to be a blown fuse! (the mains one) - 60p and 10 minutes and all is well! Thanks

Ahhhhhh the good old "spike" as the power comes back on.

Just seen this,i would always advise the fuses being checked after a power cut if things are not what they seem.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your help and some PMs - Just to let everyone know, the problem turned out to be a blown fuse! (the mains one) - 60p and 10 minutes and all is well! Thanks

hi uklimited

i would be a little concerned that the mans fuse actually went, it should be rated at 3 amps in the spur, often i find a 13 amp one in place. the panel has an internal 1 amp mains fuse and should blow first if the panel was the cause (weakest link in the chain), the fact it did not indicates to me at least, there might be a problem with the power connections to the panel, so i'd still advise you have it checked out by a competent person.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived