Security Installer Community

Pir Wiring

THEGOVERNORUK

Do you have an installation manual for your control panel?

Yes. I had a PIR for many years before redecorating and did not work after that. Assumed broken. Replaced with new PIR and wired the same way but will not activate when setting. I use it for timed delay exit and entering. The ''red light'' on the PIR senses motion by way of coming on when walking past, but the control panel does not seem to acknowledge its there when setting. When set, the motion is detected but does not activate allarm?. I have 4 x wires from the PIR to contol panel. ZONE 1 or two apparently can be used but both state are (+). The only other zone I use is for a door magnetic contact which works fine. The other 2 x zones are not wired to anything.

Any ideas?

Yes. I had a PIR for many years before redecorating and did not work after that. Assumed broken. Replaced with new PIR and wired the same way but will not activate when setting. I use it for timed delay exit and entering. The ''red light'' on the PIR senses motion by way of coming on when walking past, but the control panel does not seem to acknowledge its there when setting. When set, the motion is detected but does not activate allarm?. I have 4 x wires from the PIR to contol panel. ZONE 1 or two apparently can be used but both state are (+). The only other zone I use is for a door magnetic contact which works fine. The other 2 x zones are not wired to anything.

Any ideas?

Sorry but installation manual is the instructions it came with approx 15 years ago and does not show how to wire>

Archived