Security Installer Community

Melcom St6100 Panel Problems

marcbs

Hi Chaps

Just installed a Melcom ST6100 panel based system and it is all working OK. However I cannot access Engineers Programming. If I follow the Engineers manual it uses xxxx as the default code - but it doesn't work! As this is one of the bottom range panels I'm wondering if it doesn't allow any zone settings to be changed. Even though the box states they are fully programmable.

Any help appreciated

cheers

MBS

Hi Chaps

Just installed a Melcom ST6100 panel based system and it is all working OK. However I cannot access Engineers Programming. If I follow the Engineers manual it uses XXXXXXXXXX as the default code - but it doesn't work! As this is one of the bottom range panels I'm wondering if it doesn't allow any zone settings to be changed. Even though the box states they are fully programmable.

Any help appreciated

cheers

MBS

Unfortunately, as it say in the banner at the top of the forum:

"This community will not divulge control panel defaulting instructions to standard members. Neither will this community provide Engineer/Installation manuals for any control panel or other security equipment."

If you purchased it new, you should contact the retailer.

If it was secondhand, ask the seller, they may have changed the code.

PS Someone may not like you divulging default codes; best to edit it out yourself.

Unfortunately, as it say in the banner at the top of the forum:

"This community will not divulge control panel defaulting instructions to standard members. Neither will this community provide Engineer/Installation manuals for any control panel or other security equipment."

If you purchased it new, you should contact the retailer.

If it was secondhand, ask the seller, they may have changed the code.

PS Someone may not like you divulging default codes; best to edit it out yourself.

Oops, my mistake - sorry!

Thanks, I'll contact the retailer. However, I don't need defaulting info etc as I bought new and have the engineers manual. Just need someone to confirm that you can programme the zones for things such as entry/exit times, walk through etc. Not sure if these functions are only avilable on the next model up - the manual isn't overly clear on this point!

cheers anyway

MBS

Hi,

Just in-case this is any use to anyone - I have solved the problem. Quite simple really...to enter engineering mode you have to press PROG then the USER code, followed by PROG (again), then the ENGINEER code. This isn't particularly clear in the manual, but the Lynteck tech support where helpful enough (Technical Support (Mon

Archived