Security Installer Community

G500 Output Programming

Stoatgobbler

Hi there,

I've fitted a G500 with detectors and RKP in both my house and garage.

I've created 2 groups and have the garage RKP setting/unsetting just the garage detectors and the house RKP setting/unsetting both the house and garage and I'm using the part option (silent instant set without code on Button B) for setting the garage and house perimeter detectors.

I tell you this so you know I have some general ias experience / ability (and manuals), though obviously I'm not up to trade standards.

I'm now happy with the way the unit is working with the input zone attribute side of the programming, I'm now looking at the output side.

I'm wanting no bells to sound on part set but to sound on full set, very simple but how do I go about this. I've gone through the manual and I can't see how to use groups (outputs set up as a "day" (noise) and a "night" (silent) and assigned to the detectors) since I've used groups for geographical location rather than operational use and detectors can only be assigned to a single group.

Assemble Zones appears to allow you to create a zone with attributes that could be no bells on part set and bells on full but this appears a bit clumsy and surely this requirement is common and more easily achieved somehow else (mind you I'd also like the RKP to display which zone's just chimed which I also thought was a common requirement.....).

I'd appreciate a pointer please.

Many thanks in advance.

Stoat

Hi there,

I've fitted a G500 with detectors and RKP in both my house and garage.

I've created 2 groups and have the garage RKP setting/unsetting just the garage detectors and the house RKP setting/unsetting both the house and garage and I'm using the part option (silent instant set without code on Button B) for setting the garage and house perimeter detectors.

I tell you this so you know I have some general ias experience / ability (and manuals), though obviously I'm not up to trade standards.

I'm now happy with the way the unit is working with the input zone attribute side of the programming, I'm now looking at the output side.

I'm wanting no bells to sound on part set but to sound on full set, very simple but how do I go about this. I've gone through the manual and I can't see how to use groups (outputs set up as a "day" (noise) and a "night" (silent) and assigned to the detectors) since I've used groups for geographical location rather than operational use and detectors can only be assigned to a single group.

Assemble Zones appears to allow you to create a zone with attributes that could be no bells on part set and bells on full but this appears a bit clumsy and surely this requirement is common and more easily achieved somehow else (mind you I'd also like the RKP to display which zone's just chimed which I also thought was a common requirement.....).

I'd appreciate a pointer please.

Many thanks in advance.

Stoat

Don't know that panel but u should be able to find something along the lines of "system options" which may mention sounders on part set. It's a pretty standard thing to do so it should be there?

If you "need" to see which zone chimed on the keypad I can only think of walk test but that may only chime a zone once and it would chime all zones which could be a big problem.

Hopefully one of the other guys knows your panel and "may" help....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Thanks for the help Luggsey, I've found it!, 51-19 = Part Alarm, needs to be set to zero.

The rest of you on here weren't very helpful though, were you.

We normally are, my excuse is dealing with another site and explaining stuff and missing your post.

But thanks for the update and nice to see one of our members did help you in your endeavours.

cheers

how come you fitted such a big panel in your house? i take it the g500 is a galaxy?

I thought it was as big as you need it to be, if you require more inputs / outputs then you just add RIO's.

My intention is, once I've got the basic alarm sorted, to mount a RIO within a box along with a low voltage relay isolation card and interface the outputs with my GJD lighting system. Then there's always curtain openers / closers etc. etc., it's as expandable as I want it to be.

I'm an honours degree qualified electronic engineer (though working as project managment nowadays) so I'm well used to, and enjoy, modifying and adapting. Need to read manuals though :-}

Archived