Security Installer Community

Accenta 6

bellringer

Can someone help me the accenta has started playing silly -uggers,

when i open the door on e/exit nothing happens i put in code then it resets to day mode BUT the chimes after setting them dont work and the lights on the keypad, it beeps when i go out as normal

I kept having problems with Zone 5 so i then rewired and programmed out zone 5 but the above has started playing up. i changed the contacts that were on it and it all metered out ok no high ohm readings.

the panel is 5 yrs old and uptill now has been fine.

Could the panel which shows no sign of dry joints or "burning" on the reverse have "ad it"

Can someone help me the accenta has started playing silly -uggers,

when i open the door on e/exit nothing happens i put in code then it resets to day mode BUT the chimes after setting them dont work and the lights on the keypad, it beeps when i go out as normal

I kept having problems with Zone 5 so i then rewired and programmed out zone 5 but the above has started playing up. i changed the contacts that were on it and it all metered out ok no high ohm readings.

the panel is 5 yrs old and uptill now has been fine.

Could the panel which shows no sign of dry joints or "burning" on the reverse have "ad it"

I take it when you say the chime is'nt working is you trying to test your entry/exit zone??...is this zone programmed into the system??....or is the cable going to this zone damaged...i.e dead short??????

Hi ,

Sounds like your front door contact is not working.Give it a sharp tap , or just replace it.

Regards.

He claims he as in his original post....i think???

I take it when you say the chime is'nt working is you trying to test your entry/exit zone??...is this zone programmed into the system??....or is the cable going to this zone damaged...i.e dead short??????

All the system seems

fine and the contact on the door is fine

When the system is unset and in day mode the chimes on opening door work every time but when the system is set and you open the door to enter - nothing happens no sound no count down - nothing

Then i press the code in and it goes to day ?

Could it be getting hot. Look on the inside of the panel casing or on the wall just above the panel for tell tale blackening. These panels are very susceptible to thunderstorm problems, after which they start cooking and become unstable

There appears to have some blackening on the aluminium heat disperser ?

Archived